Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Sensei_Ichi

Default 1955 Ford Customline

City: Moorpark
State: Ca
Price: 3500

What you need to know about the car....

The car HAD rust in the usual spots, the rockers, lower doors, trunk, hood. What I did was cut out all the old bondo and rot, sand blasted all round to remove old rust, primer, then I spot welded in some patch panels. So all the body work it needs is just to grind the welds flush, skim coat of bondo, and paint.
The motor is a 272 y block v8, painted, new plugs and wires, the carb is freshly rebuilt. Boiled out the gas tank, ran new fuel lines, new mufflers and exhaust tips. The stock trans is good, there is a brand new ford 9 inch rear end, with a new drive shaft. I have the grill all the miscellaneous parts in a bin, including freshly chromed front and rear bumpers.

The carb is backfiring when I start up the car, leading me to believe there is a valve issue, I'm not exactly sure what yet. I tried adjusting the timing, that didn't change. This all of a sudden just happened, haven't driven the car much, just around the block.
Needs two rear wheel cylinders, there are some in there but they either need to be rebuilt or new cylinders purchased. The fronts are new. I bled the lines with new fluid already. But the rear wheel cylinders are no good.

Interior is nice, just needs a good cleaning. The headliner is coming down in some spots. Floor boards are solid, there is carpet in there its very nice.
Glass is all there.

It's a pretty solid project for the winter time.

Asking $3,500 obo

Pm me with any questions, thank you.

Sensei_Ichi is offline   Reply With Quote