Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #321
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Oh Happy Days... Three cars back in the garage. Now I have to wait to see if Lowe's gets the garage doors right this time and actually installs them on the 20th...

Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #322
itstom

Vic-

I have lost count of the number of purchases I have made from Lowe's with no problem what so ever. Thank God we have them as a supplier. Where would we get our parts or garage doors if they weren't around? Mac's, Carpenter, maybe C&G? Oh wait, I mean Home Depot, Menards, or Ace?

And you might not want to post anything negative about a supplier on the forum. This isn't a site for crybabies like you to air their grievances in public. Any problem you say you are having with Drake...er Lowes, should be handled privately because the rest of us LOVE LOWES! Have you seen any other posts on the Barn badmouthing Lowes? NO! Because they can do no wrong!

This site is here for the member's education. Whether the topic is flathead Fords, the gravel in your driveway or the clutter in your garage, we are here to learn.
itstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #323
B-O-B

Jeez what did you do Vic? OUCH Musta hit somebodys tender spot.
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #324
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstom View Post
Vic-

I have lost count of the number of purchases I have made from Lowe's with no problem what so ever. Thank God we have them as a supplier. Where would we get our parts or garage doors if they weren't around? Mac's, Carpenter, maybe C&G? Oh wait, I mean Home Depot, Menards, or Ace?

And you might not want to post anything negative about a supplier on the forum. This isn't a site for crybabies like you to air their grievances in public. Any problem you say you are having with Drake...er Lowes, should be handled privately because the rest of us LOVE LOWES! Have you seen any other posts on the Barn badmouthing Lowes? NO! Because they can do no wrong!

This site is here for the member's education. Whether the topic is flathead Fords, the gravel in your driveway or the clutter in your garage, we are here to learn.
Wow... I've been out of town (still am) at my mom's, I just checked out the FordBarn and saw this message... All I can say is: Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning... Crybaby Maybe you should read some of my post again, you'll find that I don't have any problems with Bob Drake. I do have a problem with Lowe's as far as the garage doors go. I guess you've had better luck with Lowe's. If (as you say) you are here to learn, I suggest that when you read postings, you should try to comprehend them to the best of your ability before responding, I'm just sayin' Enjoy shopping at Lowe's.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #325
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B View Post
Jeez what did you do Vic? OUCH Musta hit somebodys tender spot.
I guess so B-O-B... You hit the nail right on the head... I bet you bought the hammer at Lowe's
Old 08-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #326
B-O-B

Vic NO NO NO Good old fashioned stanley from a swap meet .heh heh heh
Left over from beatin on the old fords heh heh he
Guy is probably a big stockholder or better yet works there. heh heh he
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #327
itstom

Sarcasm is defined in The Oxford Universal Dictionary, published in 1933, as "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt." More contemporary definitions often emphasize the false, mocking praise and verbal irony of sarcasm rather than its malicious or scornful intent. However, the etymology of the word "sarcasm" clearly indicates that wounding was--at least historically--the primary point. The word comes from the late Latin sarcasmus, derived from the Greek sarkasmos ("a sneer, jest, taunt, mockery") and sarkazein ("to speak bitterly, sneer"--literally, "to strip off the flesh" or "to bite the lips in rage").

If you still don't understand let me know, I'll explain it again with smaller words. Or, you can just imagine you get it.
itstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #328
Vic Piano

Yes, I was being sarcastic in my response to your "crybaby" remark, I'm glad you could figure that out. Also, you can transcribe well. Good for you (that's sarcasm again). You're not related to KUBE are you...? LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #329
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Yes, I was being sarcastic in my response to your "crybaby" remark, I'm glad you could figure that out. Also, you can transcribe well. Good for you (that's sarcasm again). You're not related to KUBE are you...? LOL
Hey Vic, First of all, FY. Secondly, the only way ITSTOM could possibly be related to me is he sees through you as clearly as I do.
I was going to stay away from anything even remotely tied to you but you can't seem to leave me alone.
You just don't get it Vic. Never will.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #330
Vic Piano

Mike, apparently you still do not get it... It was a joke (LOL). But I knew you couldn't stay away... (another joke). I don't recall ever seeing ITSTOM in one of my/our threads before but I enjoyed his vocabulary lesson.I hope that he will want to try for the Double Jeopardy Round if he chooses to stay in the game... Mike, don't take things so seriously... relax and roll with it, it is more fun that way. I'll be on the road tomorrow heading back to Florida so we will have to pick up the game later this week. Have a good night.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #331
peewee2you

Vic, back on thread 190, what's going on with the LZ air cleaner and carb, looks to be a "T" valve of some sort of a breather? or an emullation of an egr?
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #332
Vic Piano

Peewee, that set up is of my own design, to emulate the original factory PCV set up, because I don't have an original air cleaner.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #333
KiWinUS

Geez Vic , am I going to have to share my room with Kube & itstom in our new house ? Them guys love you like a big brother , trying to educate you like that .They must have forgot you went to grade school & they didn,t !!! If they didnt love you so much , they wouldnt even give you the time to read your awesome posts !
Thanks Vic for the Great , interesting & "FUN" posts !!!
Cheers
Tony
ps. ststom & Kube , milk if what you put on your cornflakes , not Pi$$ , try it some time for breakfast while you are reading Vic,s fun posts !!!!!
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #334
Vic Piano

Hi Tony, Thanks for the boost..., you know I enjoy jousting with guys like KUBE and (for me at least) it's all in good fun. Glad you enjoy my postings, looking forward to seeing you at the Moonshine Festival.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #335
Vic Piano

Getting back to the business at hand, I hope we'll have a chance to pull the transmission out of the Zephyr and replace the gears, etc. (with the "new" set in the '46 transmission I've got), this Saturday.

I'm looking forward to getting the Zephyr back on the road as driving her with the new shocks (thanks again to Bill Wzorek) and all the new bushings, etc. (that we installed), was an outstanding experience.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #336
Vic Piano

Old Photo...
I was looking for something (in a box we had in storage) and found this photo... it was taken in 1989. That's me behind the wheel of my '46 TuDor Sedan. I used the car to commute from my home on Long Island to my office in Edison, NJ. I thought some of you might get a kick out of it.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #337
KiWinUS

Love the pics Vic , did you dye your hair back then ???
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #338
Vic Piano

Thanks Tony, my hair was dark back in the day... Now it's all gray but at least I've still got it... and hair as well... LOL
Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #339
Vic Piano

Here it is Saturday morning and the rain is pouring down... kind of puts a damper on things. Hopefully we'll be able to get something done as far as disassembling the interior of the Zephyr so we can pull the transmission...
Old 08-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #340
VeryTangled

One thumbs-up for the skirts on the '46!

BTW I think taking a photo of a photo works better than scanning it most of the time.

-VeryTangled
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote