Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
Topher5150

Default what made the super deluxe so super

My 47 coupe only came with a few pieces of trim and a dashboard, and I was wondering what did this trim package come with?
Topher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
corvette8n

Default Re: what made the super deluxe so super

You need to get the 41-48 Ford book from the Early Ford V8 club. Looks like the differences are spread throughout the book, mostly interior trim and exterior trim, some color and upholstery choices. Looks like accessories could be ordered regardless of the trim level.

https://www.earlyfordv8.org/Shop.cfm?id=21&pid=2

Last edited by corvette8n; 10-25-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Added link
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:02 AM   #3
Drbrown

Default Re: what made the super deluxe so super

As the Early Ford V8 Club Book describes (a very good book at that) '47 was a big year of changes. On early '47s, and depending on where your car body was assembled, you may find 1946 parking lights and trunk trim, three versions of radios (I think), slight variations in the shape of side trim, multi-piece or one-piece bumper pans, or etc etc Check the "bug marks" on your glass and decipher them per the book - if original glass this may help. Book suggests allowing three months between glass manufacture bug date and installation in a car body. Another hint may be comparing your VIN to those VIN's that were manufactured during that year (the book and Van Pelt's web site has that info). Interior fabric treatments varied depending on assembly availability and buyer's order.

The code number stamped on the engine compartment side of the cowl is of little help.

Best I can guess re my '47 Super Deluxe Sedan (long-door) Coupe is around August or September of '47. Originally sold and titled in CA but of course they have no records.
Drbrown is offline   Reply With Quote