Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
Vicky

Default Supplier Return Credit Poilcy

If a defective item is returned to Sacramento Vintage Ford, they say it will take 3-4 weeks to credit the refund back to the credit card.

I send an incorrect item back, they received it on 1 July, and they still have not credited my account. For over 6 weeks, Sacramento Vintage Ford has had my money and for over 5 weeks the returned part. I have paid my Credit Card for something I no longer have, and don’t have any idea when my account will be credited for the item returned. I was told it will be processed today, but was also told that yesterday.

Sacramento Vintage Ford's policy is not illegal, but certainly unethical. My bank says they have only 30 days to process the credit.

Just be aware when dealing with them.

Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Dan Ewing

Default Re: Supplier Return Credit Poilcy

I also returned a part to Sacremento Vintage Ford and received an email message stating that the amount would be credited back to my account. This was on August 4.

I have not received any credit as of this date. However, I requested and did receive an email reply that serves as a record of their response and the date of their response.

We shall see.
Dan Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Purdy Swoft

That is another good reason to never deal with them. I noticed that a lot of their prices are out of line and they probably don't have a lot of the stuff that they advertise. I never have those problems with Snyders or Berts. Good luck.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Mitch//pa
BANNED

bad business for sure. thanks for the heads up ill make sure i scratch them off my list
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Ronnie Lawson

I also had a long wate before I got a refund for a part that did not fit my car.
I called them after 45 days and they sent it three days later.
I don't do business with them any more.
Part did not fit and I had to pay shipping to get it. They would not pay shipping, just the cost of the part.
This is good advertisement for them.
Ronnie Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
ford31

I have never had supplier problems,Snyders is only one I deal with,not that there better,I just don't like changes when I am happy
ford31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
5window

Call your credit card company. Sorry to hear about SVF, but as an right-coaster, there are lots of good companies to deal with closer.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
Vicky

Thansk for the feedback.

I did follow up with my credit card company and disputed the charge as the item had been returned. They expected a credit from Sacremento Vintage Ford to my account within 24 hours.

My concern was letting folks know about Sacremento Vintage Ford's account credit policy.

I normally deal with Bert's in Denver, but Sacremento had an item that I wanted. As it turned out, they didn't have it either and sent a different part. I learned my lesson.

Bob
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
deuce295

There was a time when Sacramento Vintage Ford had a great selection of parts and was really good to deal with. Lately things have certainly changed. I am not sure if the business changed hands or what happened. Almost nothing is stocked anymore. I placed a good size order of parts and after approx 1 week a big box arrived at my door. I opened it to find one 5 inch long plug wire. Everything else I ordered was out of stock. The plug wire cost a little under 4.00 and they charged me 17.00 to ship it. I am sure I will never order from them again. It's too bad. They used to be good.
deuce295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
Jack '29 Sport Coupe

Sac Ford is blowing smoke. I used to own a retail store and could take the customer's credit card and swipe the money back into their account in just a couple of minutes. I did this when the customer got "buyer's remorse" on more than a
couple of occasions.

Jack
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Tom Wesenberg

I don't understand the long delay when using a credit card. I bought a few things at Menards one day and found the clerk charged me twice for the same box of screws. So, even though I caught the overcharge right away, I had to wait over a month. After making two trips back to Mendards, I finally had to call the credit card company to get my $4.50 back. So, after spending $6 worth of gas and two hours of my time, in the end I still lost!
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Just dispute the charge and in 24 hours the money is back in your acct, That is all very simple
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
Keith True

Most businesses seem to be doing this.I did return a few things to a vendor,(non A)and the vendor credited me in a reasonable amount of time.About 7 or 8 days if I remember right.The credit card company however,waited a couple of weeks.Another few cents interest multiplied by thousands of times can add up for them.I bought a Harley from a friend,he had a payoff on it,so instead of getting together with the finance company and all that I just gave him a bank check for him to deposit,then he could pay it off.The money was gone out of my account 20 minutes after he deposited the check,however they would not transfer the money from his account to the note for 10 days.Local banks,everything on the up-and-up,my bank told me it was policy to hold to collect just a little more interest off him.In the wait he had to make one more payment.Paypal will pull crap like that on you too.I bought a Model A part off ebay,the seller called me to apologize and tell me it was broken and could not sell it like that.He refunded my money on his end,but GE capital credit held up the refund,billed me,and wanted their payment.I had to contact the N.H. consumer affairs/fraud division,the next day I got an email with a statement from GE Capital showing the credit.I owed zero on the paypal account,but they were billing me for the $100.or so that they were supposed to credit me.On the phone the answer was,just pay it to preserve your credit,you will be credited the full amount within 60 days.Extortion just to gain a little interest.After the State got after them they dropped my credit limit to $100.I responded by dropping it to zero by dropping the account.Now I can't buy on ebay unless sellers will take money orders.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

If you send the E mail to you credit card Co they can reverse the funds Snyder s and Bert's are good to deal with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
If a defective item is returned to Sacramento Vintage Ford, they say it will take 3-4 weeks to credit the refund back to the credit card.

I send an incorrect item back, they received it on 1 July, and they still have not credited my account. For over 6 weeks, Sacramento Vintage Ford has had my money and for over 5 weeks the returned part. I have paid my Credit Card for something I no longer have, and don’t have any idea when my account will be credited for the item returned. I was told it will be processed today, but was also told that yesterday.

Sacramento Vintage Ford's policy is not illegal, but certainly unethical. My bank says they have only 30 days to process the credit.

Just be aware when dealing with them.

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote