Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: For those of you who feel like praying, one of our vendors is in trouble!

We pray for courage for his family as they support him and love him and surround him in care. We take this time to reflect on all that he has done for family, friends, and those he never met.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #42
Fred
BANNED

Default Re: For those of you who feel like praying, one of our vendors is in trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
I have heard about the man but do not know him personally, I would like to find a way to drop him a ca]rd or email along with my prayers. Do you have any contact information?
[email protected] I have his phone # but dont know if I should post it ??
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #43
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
[email protected] I have his phone # but dont know if I should post it ??
Thank you Fred!!! I can only hope that a family member reads the email.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #44
Jason in TX

Very sad news. Prayers go out to him and his family.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #45
Bill in Al

Prayers and good doctors have saved my daughter and myself from the grief of cancer.Our prayers are with you.God bless.
Bill in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #46
ctlikon0712

My prayers and thought go out to him and his family. He is a wonderful friend to the A community.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #47
Art Bjornestad

Hang in there, we at the Barn are with you 100%
Art Bjornestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #48
BobbyG

Semper Fi !
BobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #49
jimalabam

Prayers sent for a quick recovery. BTW - There are no Ex-Marines - Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Best wishes Jim.
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
James Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
With 'weeping eyes' it truly saddens me to bring this thread up again but I have been asked to give an update on Jim. This is an excerpt of an email that came from his wife a few days ago;

Dear Brent

I think it is time I let u know about Jim's condition and possibilities. He is in a very rapid decline. He can no longer speak fluently, read or write. He and his Dr. decided that it was time for hospice and withdrawl of meds, all of which has been done. He no longer gets up and has now been a week without food, only water. He recognizes people and tries to talk but makes no sense when he does. I mostly ask yes/no ? so he can nod or respond with one word. He has no pain. I don't know how long this will last but I suspect not mor than another few weeks, maybe even days. Funeral arrangements are in place. I am so thankful we have had this time of pure joy. He is truly the love of my life and I am so sad, and yet so grateful that he is in no pain or suffering. It is pretty amazing that he drove here on April 2 and now cannot even sit on the edge of the bed. His memories are fading rapidly. I am not sure about customers that had been writing to jim but obviously he is done doing carb work. please pay for continued mercy for Jim.

I just received another e-mail from her requesting that I put a notice on here suggesting I tell everyone that he cannot accept any more work or answer carb questions. If you don't mind, please lift Jim, his wife, their daughters & family up in prayer during this emotional time. Thank you.

Brent, please keep me updated as you find out anything. You know Jim and I got to be great friends when we worked at your shop and I think a lot of him. We didn't have the best start but after getting to know him closely, I found him to be one of the best people I could have become friends with. Prayers.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #51
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Our thoughts and prayers are with him.
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #52
Rock Hornbuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Many of y'all know Jim Adams (Fordbarn member modela-carb ) and possibly have a carburetor he has rebuilt on your Model-A. I have some sad news to share.

Jim stopped by my shop two weeks ago and was joking about him getting old and now he has started to forget stuff at times and he had spoken with his Dr. because he was worried about getting Dementia. Later that day he received a phone call that no one ever wants to receive saying he needs to have additional tests done immediately as they have found what appears to be a brain tumor. Last week Jim and his wife Rose met with a surgeon and a biopsy was taken. The news from this was not good. Jim came by my shop again this past Thursday and we discussed "life", and his options. Jim is an ex-Marine and a strong physical man, ...but this one is tryin' to kick his tail with the time period of his life expectancy being measured now in months!

If you know Jim, I am sure he would like to hear from you with words of encouragement. If you don't happen to know Jim personally, I feel sure he would covet any prayer or encouraging thoughts you care to offer him.

Thanks everyone.
Always praying for a Marine brother. Thanks Brent, as a side note, we are former Marines, and never ex. Tell him Semper Fi for me.
'14 100th Anniversary Challenger Limited Edition.

Semper Fidelis
Rock Hornbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #53
1931 flamingo

News such as this is always sad. Prayers going out for JIM and his FAMILY>

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #54
gpits68

Sad news , We will keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers , We are fortunate to have one of his fine rebuilt carbs.
Gary P.
gpits68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #55
Ted Duke

Praying for Jim. I don't know him but I have friends who have been through this trauma. Semper Fi,

Ted
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #56
Forditude

Jim, We are praying for you from the Santa Maria A's in California. Jay McCord
Forditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #57
spdway1

I do not know Jim Adams personally, but my thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family.
spdway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #58
jkcrosson

Such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family.
jkcrosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #59
tdlmomowers

If no one minds, I will offer prayer on this forum for Jim.
Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over our friend, Jim. Place your healing hands upon him and heal him. Please guide and direct the doctors and caregivers. Lord, please be with Jim and his family, surround them with your love and grace. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
tdlmomowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #60
jr-41ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdlmomowers View Post
If no one minds, I will offer prayer on this forum for Jim.
Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over our friend, Jim. Place your healing hands upon him and heal him. Please guide and direct the doctors and caregivers. Lord, please be with Jim and his family, surround them with your love and grace. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Amen.
jr-41ford is offline   Reply With Quote