Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #21
BashawT

Default Re: Spring fever anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick L. View Post
You can't hardly go wrong with a shop partner like that !
You got that right! Can't wait to start working on the car again. Sure wish I had a heated shop!
BashawT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Bill Lee/Virginia

I scratched my "Spring Fever Itch" today! It was in the mid-50's and sunny here in Virginia today. My wife packed bologna and cheese sandwiches, potato chips and a couple of soft drinks and we drove the Colonial Virginia Parkway and picnicked at Black Point on Jamestown Island, Virginia this afternoon. We saw ducks, geese, a groundhog, muskrats, bald eagles and a female deer during our tour. I put 94 miles on the Cabbie; short 6 miles of my goal of 100. I am content now.
Bill Lee/Virginia Peninsula
Bill Lee/Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
hardtimes

Hey Darryl,
We 'scouted' UAF out as a possible college for a nephew to attend. However, we enjoyed it so much that we ended up spending a day there. I love any kind of flowers and was pleasantly surprised by Fairbanks huge public flower displays. We walked the entire city and loved it! We camp near water at all times when possible, so as to have fresh fish to BBQ. Worked out great that way, except when in the woods and encountering mosquitos (and grizz)...whew, darn near got eaten alive a few times panning for Au and fish!! If I could find a couple/few young and/or old bucks here who would be game to drive convoy style to Alaska in Model As...that would be exciting indeed. Knowing my limitations these days, another driver would be necessary. We encountered a couple of old car clubs in that area also.. was fun!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote