Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Gino

Default Falcon

Hi, I typicaly hang around the 1930 forum, however I'm considering buying a ford falcon. I apologize if I don't belong here. Would any one know if it is difficult to buy 64 falcon body parts and more. I'm very familiar with model a suppliers, I'm wondering if there are similar suppliers as well. Thanks
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
Ford Freak

Default Re: Falcon

Gino - I have a '65 Falcon Sprint . I get my stuff from C & G Early Ford Parts , Obsolete & Classic Auto Parts , & Macs . - F F
Ford Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: Falcon

Quote:
Would any one know if it is difficult to buy 64 falcon body parts and more

The MUSTANG (early) is based on the same platform as the early FALCON, so parts (other than body) should be easy to find. As for body parts, what year are you considering?

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Gino

I'd really like to get a hold of a 65. You see that was my first car given to me from my older brother. Well I wrecked it and have felt bad ever since. I Have two A's and I'm going to have to sell the five window coupe. Every falcon I've seen for sale so far will need some love, I'm willing to do it when I sell the coupe. So I will be needing parts. Thanks for the info guys, if you get wind of a falcon out there please let me know. Gino 1-508-221-4230
Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 AM   #5
mercman from oz

This is the cover of the original Sales Brochure for the 1965 Ford Falcon. They are a nice car.

Last edited by mercman from oz; 10-17-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:47 AM   #6
JeffB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Hi, I typicaly hang around the 1930 forum, however I'm considering buying a ford falcon. I apologize if I don't belong here. Would any one know if it is difficult to buy 64 falcon body parts and more. I'm very familiar with model a suppliers, I'm wondering if there are similar suppliers as well. Thanks
You might find this build of interest: http://fordfalcon2000.com/restoration/restoration.htm
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #7
Gino

I'll keep looking for the right car. As far as parts, most of the cars I've seen might have small issues like trim around the tail light or other areas. I'm sure to find one fingers crossed thanks
Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #8
bobss396

I had a '65 years back, I would grab another in a flash if it came along. They are fairly easy to get parts for.
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #9
Gino

Hi, if I still have anyone's interest, I purchased a 65 Falcon from a guy in Pa. Thanks for all the support. I'll look into the, C+G supplier. I will be needing a new windshield if the injected crack filler fails. Anybody have any knowledge about finding new or used windshield glass? Thanks again
Old 12-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #10
rotorwrench

You might try Bob's Classic Auto Glass. He lists windows for the Falcon and Comet.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/bobscla...144582/page=16

I'm not sure if he can help with a windshield though. There may still be some good used stuff out there though as long as whom ever has one ships it properly. Windshields should be easier to get since there are still Rancheros and the occasional Falcon Sprint around. Rock Auto even lists one as well as the rubber channel.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-13-2018 at 10:38 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Ford Freak

Hey Gino - Glad to hear you found a '65 . What model/bodystyle is it ? Welcome to the Falcon world !! - F F
Ford Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #12
flathead 53

Gino ,there are many suppliers out there ,you can get most anything for falcons ,I went from a forty ford coupe to A 65 comet caliente two years ago ,its A little harder finding parts for a comet , you can get parts from carpenter ,macs ,cj pony , or falcon parts . good luck with your falcon, they are fun cars.
flathead 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #13
Gino

Biscayne Blue, two door, hard top, 65 Futura. $7500 pretty damn good shape. Few problems to take care of but I knew that going in. I'm very happy, you all know the feeling!
I've sent the paper work in to join the Falcon Club. I'll br back I'm sure for more help and hope I can help sometime too.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #14
funrunr

Gino, I’ve always had a liking for Falcons, I really like the 1963’s the most. I have two convertibles and two hardtops. One of the Convertibles is a parts car and the other i just bought and have to pick up in NC. I like Melvin’s http://melvinsclassicfordparts.com Great little cars.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #15
Gino

That's great, I'm looking at a parts car myself. I plan on putting the shifter on the floor. Not because I want the feel of high performance, my first car (65 Falcon) was a three speed on the floor. Thanks for the heads up on Melvins
Old 12-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #16
JeffB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Biscayne Blue, two door, hard top, 65 Futura. $7500 pretty damn good shape. Few problems to take care of but I knew that going in. I'm very happy, you all know the feeling!
I've sent the paper work in to join the Falcon Club. I'll br back I'm sure for more help and hope I can help sometime too.
May have a few things you'll need: https://restorationpartssource.com/s...Body_Parts.htm
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:40 AM   #17
funrunr

Gino, let’s see some pics, we can’t fully appreciate your car until we see pics.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #18
frank long island

I had a 64 ranchero sold it 2 yrs ago part are available windshields are available ck with your local glass shop pics of my ranchero in my album
frank long island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #19
Flathead Fever

I'm normally over on the Flathead Forum too I have two '64 Falcon project cars. A factory red, 4-speed Sprint and a Factory black 4-speed Futura. I have not started on them because I'm working on a '34 pickup. Most everything seems to be available except bucket seats. I bought the Sprint just to get the bucket seats for the Futura but then I did not have the heart to take them out of the Sprint. Now I have two Falcons??? They get $800 a pair for those seats. I was thinking they would be as common as the Early Mustang buckets but they are like finding unicorns. The black Falcon Futura I'm leaning towards making a gasser out of it. The red Sprint I will restore. Except I'm using Ford factory speed equipment on it. I picked up a 1964 date correct Ford tri-power for it and a NOS Ford Lemans cam. I might even use the 260 5-bolt block. I had one of those Lemans cams when I was a kid. They are neat! I know I said "restore" but I could not resist buying a teardrop hood for it and some real Torq Thrusts wheels. The ones that say made in USA. Not the ones that say "American Racing Made In China" That's just plain wrong!

I already bought a 289 tunnel ram for the black Futura gasser. When I was 16 nothing on the planet was cooler than a tunnel rams sticking through a hood. Its on my bucket list.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #20
Flathead Fever

Go to this website and order a free Dennis Carpenter Falcon catalog. It a nice catalog and it will give you an idea of what is available for the Falcons.

http://dennis-carpenter.com/catalogs.aspx
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote