Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Roadster62

Default 2015 swap Meet Plans

2014 was a good year Vintage Car wise, and I'm thinking about the 2015 season. What swap meets are out there that are worth the airfare to attend? Bakersfield, Ca. is mentioned a lot, what are other good Pre WWII parts meets? Bob
Old 11-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
JohnLaVoy

Default Re: 2015 swap Meet Plans

Turlock the last week end of January is where I start. I have a space in building one space 3 stop by and say HI! The Big Three in San Diego the next month is very good. Also in February is the Sunflower meet in Wichita, KS. This one is huge and should be really good because it is the last year the local Model A club is doing it.
JohnLaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
silversink

First weekend in April at the Portland swap meet. there is 2 separate meets going on at the same time( PIR and the Expo) with shuttles between them running every 5 min or so. The PIR meet starts on a Thursday and the Expo. meet stars on Fri.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
wrndln

Could someone post information about the swap meet, Feb 6 and 7, 2015 in Wichita, KS? I can get the directions and stuff like that on their website, so I am looking for what stuff usually sold there. Is there usually a lot of model A parts of mostly other stuff unrelated to model A's? I was thinking about going to the next one, having grown up about 30 miles from Wichita, many, many years ago. My mom, at 94, still lives in El Dorado, not far from Wichita.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
John Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
Could someone post information about the swap meet, Feb 6 and 7, 2015 in Wichita, KS? I can get the directions and stuff like that on their website, so I am looking for what stuff usually sold there. Is there usually a lot of model A parts of mostly other stuff unrelated to model A's? I was thinking about going to the next one, having grown up about 30 miles from Wichita, many, many years ago. My mom, at 94, still lives in El Dorado, not far from Wichita.
Rusty Nelson
It is a variety of stuff but there are a lot of Model A parts. Mostly from the club members but several vendors in the area do show up. As you probably have seen from the website that it is the 40th and Final Sunflower Swap Meet.
John Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
turnpikecrusier

Last week in January in Fredricksburg Texas. Lots of Model A stuff.
turnpikecrusier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Bob, I have wondered about your comment "worth the airfare", ....are you thinking you just want to attend to see what is there, -or are you planning to buy to have items to re-sell as a way to offset those expenses??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
wrndln

John Stone,
Thanks for the information about the Wichita swap meet. I might attend this February as I can visit my mom in El Dorado and sister who lives in Wichita. It depends on the road conditions on I35, as they can be pretty treacherous in February in MN and IA.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #9
John Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
John Stone,
Thanks for the information about the Wichita swap meet. I might attend this February as I can visit my mom in El Dorado and sister who lives in Wichita. It depends on the road conditions on I35, as they can be pretty treacherous in February in MN and IA.
Rusty Nelson
Rusty,
If you make it, look me up. My booth will be diagonally across from the "nut vendor" on the way to the rest rooms in Pavilion 1. I will be selling my late brother's stuff. He was a great collector of Model A tools.
John Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #10
Roadster62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Bob, I have wondered about your comment "worth the airfare", ....are you thinking you just want to attend to see what is there, -or are you planning to buy to have items to re-sell as a way to offset those expenses??

That is always the dream, find somethings that can be flipped to offset the cost of the trip. I really miss the swap meets of 30 years ago, just wonder if there are a few left that have the same general look. After years of magazine coverage with some great photo coverage I finally got to the LA Roadster Show swap meet this year. Had a great time and would go back, but it was a long way to go to spend $22.00 on parts. Bob