Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
reddog565

Default Wishing everyone well!

Hi guys! We've all been around a long time, we've been through many ordeals.I'm just saying I hope everyone stays safe and survives this. as I know we will. I don't know if this is going to offend anybody ,but God bless us all!
reddog565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
Dobie Gillis

Default Re: Wishing everyone well!

I'm not offended. May God bless you, too.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
Daves55Sedan

I tend to hibernate in winter anyway, so it would be really hard for me to get infected with Wuhan flu virus. It hasn't found it's way down here in southern Illinois yet either, so people are not acting any different than before (except schools just closed down). And even if I did get it and croak, I'm ready for the Lord to take me home.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #4
Ford56

Everything in this tourist based town is shut down: beaches, parks, bars & restaurants, sports, entertainment, schools,churches, banks, etc., etc. It is so quiet out there; no traffic, hardly any planes overhead. Of course, we'll survive, but the price is going to be high, and it'll take years to fully recover. God help us all. Stay healthy.
Ford56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:53 AM   #5
Ford blue blood

Staying home and doing the "isolation thing" is a piece of cake! After spending four months in the Indian Ocean with no satellite, no email and only AFRTN for old news and shows this is like being on vacation! Mail was six weeks from question asked to answered with the wife and kids. The only urgent communications with home was the Ham radio. So, I'm a happy camper! Have my projects, have the TV, have the internet and a wife that I love a lot.

2016 F-150
2016 Focus
08 Shelby GT500
57 Ford Ranchero
36 Chevy, 351C/FMX, 8", Mustang II
Ford blue blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
Bob/Pa

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thanks Reddog, Bless you too. Pgh area surviving very well under the States conditions.
Take care all.
Bob/Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
Dobie Gillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford56 View Post
Everything in this tourist based town is shut down: beaches, parks, bars & restaurants, sports, entertainment, schools,churches, banks, etc., etc. It is so quiet out there; no traffic, hardly any planes overhead. Of course, we'll survive, but the price is going to be high, and it'll take years to fully recover. God help us all. Stay healthy.
When this is all over China needs to be made to pay for this, and dearly. If they had been open and honest from the git go the situation wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now. My $.02.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
Ford56

Thumbs up Re: Wishing everyone well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Gillis View Post
When this is all over China needs to be made to pay for this, and dearly. If they had been open and honest from the git go the situation wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now. My $.02.
Dunno exactly how China can be made to pay, but for sure, we need to bring back to the USA the manufacture and distribution of drugs, even if the government needs to subsidize the costs to big pharma. We need independence on this drug issue.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #9
Dobie Gillis

Agree, bring pharmaceutical production back here. Also critical electronics such as those used in defense and communications. Tariffs on everything else until treble damages are paid off as is customary in the settlement of most lawsuits.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #10
bobss396

I was in Florida when this thing hit the fan, I was sick too, no CV but bad cough and lungs full of crap. Got home saw the doctor on the 11th and I'm doing well. Avoiding the stores and crazy shoppers. I did my major shopping the last week of February. Managed to get a tattoo on my last day in Florida, shops were closed soon after.

So I get to work on the car a little on warmer days. We've had some up to 70, yet Sunday didn't crack 36. I see my girl friend mostly, she was sick as well, no CV and doing better. Been cleaning up at home and hanging out with my cats.
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #11
JimNNN

I can't afford to buy every car I see, but I can afford to look! It seems that the virus hasn't slowed down people listing vintage cars on ebay and other sites. You may not be able to buy toilet paper, but you CAN buy a '58 Studebaker!

This is turning out to be a good time to get more work done on my '65 T-Bird. And maybe my son (who's dismissed from high school til the panic is over) will even help me! (No, I'm not at all offended by petitions for God's mercy. Thanks for the prayers.)

Last edited by JimNNN; 03-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #12
Ford56

Took the family (grand daughters, daughter, & my wife) out for ice cream yesterday. Here is a shot of my '56 Victoria as we are getting ready to go. Ice cream is just about the only place we can go anymore.

Humm....... the picture didn't copy over. I'll try to figure out what happened, and try to post.

Last edited by Ford56; 03-28-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Picture didn't copy over to post.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
Daves55Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford56 View Post
Dunno exactly how China can be made to pay, but for sure, we need to bring back to the USA the manufacture and distribution of drugs, even if the government needs to subsidize the costs to big pharma. We need independence on this drug issue.
Not just drugs, bring back antique car reproduction parts along with them. While were at it, bring back everything else except their dumb cellphone assembly there. They can have that for all I care.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #14
Dobie Gillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves55Sedan View Post
Not just drugs, bring back antique car reproduction parts along with them. While were at it, bring back everything else except their dumb cellphone assembly there. They can have that for all I care.
I doubt any stateside manufacturers would be willing to tool up to build parts for our rolling anachronisms. It's a very small market and the retail prices would be prohibitive. Such are the economics of manufacturing. I'd be happy to see them made in Taiwan or India, even Viet Nam.

I'd like to see cell phone manufacturing go to friendlier environs, too. It's too easy for the Chinese to insert all kinds of hidden spyware.