Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #541
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Things still going well! Having a wet fall in the Pacific NW, but driving the woodie plenty when it's sunny. The heart healthy food is boring, but my blood pressure is really good now and I have lost 15 lbs in six weeks! Huffing and puffing all the way. Just like my 221 cu in raised deck replacement block flathead coming up Mt Pickett on the way home from town. Can't wait to find the time this winter to do the 8ba with merc crank. Can you spell 255?
'47 1/2 ton pickup next project, '47 one ton panel 99% stock nearing completion, '47 2 ton with 8ba and 9' script stakebed, '46 1/2 ton woodie project,'59 F350 9' flareside pickup with cummins 6at. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #542
Bill

Am I the only one that noticed the strategically located period correct bottle opener on page 27, post 521, pic#4, Sept 21? Surely an after market add on! You finally found a use for it..Everyone turn back a page. Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #543
Zeke3

Gary, keep up the good work. I am also on that diet for the last five years and have gotten used to it. Also, keep up with your exercise.

I saw that also, the bottle opener. It beats breaking the top of the bottle off on the door latch.

Last edited by Zeke3; 10-21-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added a note to GB.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:20 AM   #544
'36 5W

You two are likely the only ones to catch the bottle opener on
the left door!
Ok Gary; explain to us near-sighted coots the scenario that calls for that strategic location.
(Glad to see you are getting back on track in the health dept.)
'36 5W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #545
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by '36 5W View Post
You two are likely the only ones to catch the bottle opener on
the left door!
Ok Gary; explain to us near-sighted coots the scenario that calls for that strategic location.
(Glad to see you are getting back on track in the health dept.)

Well, I have a half mile of dirt road off the county road to get to my driveway. This dirt road is owned by the landowners on Pickett's Lane and I'm the only one who maintains it. (1974 Oliver/White construction tractor). Driving home from town, all six bottles are in the six pack until I hit the turn-off. Then I check the mail box and occasionally I will relieve a beer bottle of it's cap with this device......
'47 1/2 ton pickup next project, '47 one ton panel 99% stock nearing completion, '47 2 ton with 8ba and 9' script stakebed, '46 1/2 ton woodie project,'59 F350 9' flareside pickup with cummins 6at. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 10-28-2019, 09:31 PM   #546
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Well, I have a half mile of dirt road off the county road to get to my driveway. This dirt road is owned by the landowners on Pickett's Lane and I'm the only one who maintains it. (1974 Oliver/White construction tractor). Driving home from town, all six bottles are in the six pack until I hit the turn-off. Then I check the mail box and occasionally I will relieve a beer bottle of it's cap with this device......
Sounds like you're drinking some of the good local craft beer that needs an opener, not the mass market twist off cap variety!
Old 10-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #547
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
Sounds like you're drinking some of the good local craft beer that needs an opener, not the mass market twist off cap variety!

Well, you know now that I'm a woodie guy......