Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
steve fritz

Default Looking for a " Garnish moulding painter"

Does anyone know of a shop that will restore the "wood grain look" on interior garnish mouldings??? I have a set for my 40 Ford coupe project that needs to be done.
I will follow up on any names , locations provided. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Steve
email or call or use the "user cp"
[email protected]
608-738-1861
steve fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
Ralph Moore

Default Re: Looking for a " Garnish moulding painter"

I think Honest Charlie Speed Shop has someone who does the woodgraining.
Ralph Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve fritz View Post
Does anyone know of a shop that will restore the "wood grain look" on interior garnish mouldings??? I have a set for my 40 Ford coupe project that needs to be done.
I will follow up on any names , locations provided. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Steve
email or call or use the "user cp"
[email protected]
608-738-1861
Jonathan at Honest Charlie's has done four sets for me thus far - all for 1940 Ford passenger cars.
Extremely good workmanship and done in a timely fashion.
Tell him I said hello!
Mike "Kube" Kubarth
Old 10-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
theHIGHLANDER

If you like this let's start with a PM...

theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
Mike in AZ

looks great, Highlander.....what process?.....Mike
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Marvin/TN

Send a message via AIM to Marvin/TN

Yes Honest Charley does have someone and he is very good at it. I have seen his work. He comes to our Sonic Cruise in on Monday sometimes.
Marvin/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
uncle buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin/TN View Post
Yes Honest Charley does have someone and he is very good at it. I have seen his work. He comes to our Sonic Cruise in on Monday sometimes.
If he is driving a '37 Ford , it's probably Jonathan. He is a super nice guy
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #8
theHIGHLANDER

Artistic, I use a brush. No screens or rollers, no decals or vinyl.
theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #9
Kube

Do yourself a favor and utilize the services of Honest Charley's. I worked with Jonathan to get the 1940 Ford colors and patterns exact. He (Jonathan is not only a very nice guy, he is great at his craft. Prices are fair, service is great. What more can you ask for?
Mike "Kube" Kubarth
Old 10-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
felix37

Hi Guy's Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, I have been super busy attending to our woodgrain services. For those of you who have used our services and have chimed in on this thread, Thank you very much! without your continued support and good words we wouldn't be where we are today. For those of you who are new to us, let me tell you a little about our services. we utilize the factory original process with original factory graining plates for the most authentic reproduction possible. there are many other options out there and they all have there place.. We have guy's that do the artistic brush and rag technique and the water dip process using a printed film, these are good options if originality is not important such as for streetrods etc.. That being said, there are also others doing the original process as us and using some of the same products as us, but the real difference is, We are restoration shop that consistently puts out restorations that win at Pebble Beach and Amelia island. We have a state of the art facility with a full down draft paint booth and all parts are finished with PPG products and baked before they are carefully crated and shipped to your door. We aren't working out of our basement, but our prices are competitive with our competition that do. We consider all of our customers as friends and family and treat them as such.. I can honestly say that since we offered this service to the public a little over three years ago, We have not had one complaint! I thank you all!
If any of you are coming through Chattanooga and want to visit our facility, give me a call. 870-847-1921 Jonathan Myren and Johnathan Sullivan We will be glad to give you a tour through the shop and the museum... after all, we are just car guys like you.
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #11
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix37 View Post
Hi Guy's Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, I have been super busy attending to our woodgrain services. For those of you who have used our services and have chimed in on this thread, Thank you very much! without your continued support and good words we wouldn't be where we are today. For those of you who are new to us, let me tell you a little about our services. we utilize the factory original process with original factory graining plates for the most authentic reproduction possible. there are many other options out there and they all have there place.. We have guy's that do the artistic brush and rag technique and the water dip process using a printed film, these are good options if originality is not important such as for streetrods etc.. That being said, there are also others doing the original process as us and using some of the same products as us, but the real difference is, We are restoration shop that consistently puts out restorations that win at Pebble Beach and Amelia island. We have a state of the art facility with a full down draft paint booth and all parts are finished with PPG products and baked before they are carefully crated and shipped to your door. We aren't working out of our basement, but our prices are competitive with our competition that do. We consider all of our customers as friends and family and treat them as such.. I can honestly say that since we offered this service to the public a little over three years ago, We have not had one complaint! I thank you all!
If any of you are coming through Chattanooga and want to visit our facility, give me a call. 870-847-1921 Jonathan Myren and Johnathan Sullivan We will be glad to give you a tour through the shop and the museum... after all, we are just car guys like you.
Every word - the truth.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 PM   #12
uncle buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Every word - the truth.
I will back Kube on that and add , Do call Jonathan if you get the chance to stop by in Chattanooga. While anybody can stop by Coker Tire and get the free 25 cent tour , Jonathan will see that you get a whole dollars worth of it. He does his best to allow you to see stuff not on the daily tour if at all possible. The whole crew there is very enthusiastic about their jobs and it shows with their hospitality. Its a nice offer and I want to thank Corky and Greg for allowing them to do this.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
Marvin/TN

Send a message via AIM to Marvin/TN

If he is driving a '37 Ford , it's probably Jonathan. He is a super nice guy

Yes it is Johathan and he is a great guy, goes by Felix37 on the Barn
Marvin/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
HonestJohnny

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a " Garnish moulding painter"

Hey guys-
Thank you all for your recommendations! I am very proud to offer these services with Jonathan Myren at HCG. I have strived to become the best at what I do for many years now and have become very thankful for the opportunities I have been given. I will agree with Felix37hen We say that all of our customers are like family. We truly care about each and every job that we become apart of.
I have attached photos of a 1940 Ford DLX that I just finished for a fellow Ford Barner. We would like to also let everyone know about our glass installation we now offer to all of our customers. We are offering to install your wing window glass and rubber to eliminate you scratching it while doing it yourself. Example-a 1940 Ford 2 DR runs about $100.00 sd $180 for a 4 DR. If anyone would like anymore information please email us at [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill 3.jpg (22.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg bill 4.jpg (25.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg bill 5.jpg (25.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg bill.jpg (27.2 KB, 37 views)

http://www.honestcharley.com/garage/...ogo-honest.png
HonestJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #15
Faux Wood Paint Pro

Hey Steve. Hope you'll post pics of those escutcheons when they're done...

Lots of great work (and recommendations) in this thread.

If you've ever wanted to learn to grain (for cars, cabinets, whatever), please check out my site, or just take a look at my work, and get in touch if you have any questions about graining...

Old 11-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #16
DONUT

Honest Charlies is the best ........ and Jonathan is a man of his word !!
DONUT is offline   Reply With Quote