Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Pete/Ct.

Default Heshey uderwater

What a horror show, Pulled into Hershey on noon Tuesday, the sun was out and it was beautiful. Walked around a little, set up our wares and by then it was time to go for the evening. Wednesday was cloudy and cold but bearable, walked around for a while went to look for Straightpipes but never found him, sold some stuff then packed it in for the day. Thursday started to rain on the way into the field and never stopped until late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Spent all of Thursday and Friday sitting under an EZ up watching water run down hill. Got up Saturday packed up and went home. While I realize Hershey is more social these days I must be getting old because the thrill was gone for me this year. The only positive note was that we found a GREAT restaurant in Palmyra called Lazzaro's on Railroad St. Excellent food and reasonable. Used to go to Finnicci's but had two bad experiences there, won't go there again. Here's hoping next year is dry. Pete/Ct.
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Flathead37

Default Re: Heshey uderwater

I was walking the field in the rain Friday and found some great stuff. Vendors I talked with that stayed open said they were selling well dispite the weather.

Hershey rain or shine!!
Flathead37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Straightpipes

Sorry I missed you Pete. We packed up Friday about noon. Did pretty good on Weds though.
Straightpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
BILL WZOREK

My candy count was way Down as was the TENT {aka EASY UP }
Free candy topped out at about 3 1/4 #'s
As far as the tent goes I normally take down and set up each & every Day well My neighbor Frank Miller always leaves his set up at night lower's it down but set up non the less, so I thought why not.It would make Fridays set up much easier.
NOT TO HAPPEN Came in Friday a.m. to find tent on ground,There is only one cross arm broke so I think it is repairable.
Noticing the pile of broken Easy up frames near the Trash bin's I realized I was not alone in the Tent VERSES the HEAVY night rain's
I have not been going to Hershey as long as some / but I don't think I could call it ABAD EXPERIENCE >>>JUST A EXPERIENCE <<<

JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR O YEA
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote