Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #261
Mr. Will

Default Re: Awwe Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Just wondering if it was really necessary to cut those arms off the mechanical brake cross shaft mechanism to hook up your ebrake system?
When I put hydraulic brakes on a 35, I used Richard Lacy's master cylinder mounting bracket that utilized the stock cross shaft to actuate the MC using the stock brake/clutch pedal assembly. His ebrake hookup was a rather simplified cable that passed through the center of X member in a section of steel tubing, and connected the ebrake lever directly to the ebrake cable that loops around to both rear backing plates, and used the same '39 curved sheet metal bracket like you show in your 3rd picture. Basically a simplified system that utilized stock components requiring no modificatons.
John,
It was not necessary to cut off the arms but I thought it made a cleaner job of it so I cut them off. I was going to make a tube with a cable run through it but discovered I could cut one of the one of the old mechanical brake rods down and use it and it looks like it could have been that way from Ford.
Mr. Will is offline   Reply With Quote