Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Marv

Angry Jamco Suspension

Has anyone on the forum used Jamco Suspension for parts, such as a remote fill master cylinder kit? If you have used them or know of them, how are they to deal with? I ordered a remote fill kit for my 39 Ford because i am changing to a newer master cylinder for safety. To make a long story short, after waiting for it for 3 weeks it will not fit. I have called numerous times and never got anyone but left messages and no return calls. Marv64
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Russco

Default Re: Jamco Suspension

There have been several threads over on the HAMB about them, both good and bad. I have used them and got my parts quickly and they were of great quality but, others have not had the same luck . The owner is on the HAMB he goes by Hottweelz maybe send him a PM over there (he maybe on here as well)
Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
51 MERC-CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Has anyone on the forum used Jamco Suspension for parts, such as a remote fill master cylinder kit? If you have used them or know of them, how are they to deal with? I ordered a remote fill kit for my 39 Ford because i am changing to a newer master cylinder for safety. To make a long story short, after waiting for it for 3 weeks it will not fit. I have called numerous times and never got anyone but left messages and no return calls. Marv64
Hopefully you are using the correct 2 bail GM master cylinder that the remote cover will only fit.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
flathead4rd

Great products (I have the disc brake & ball joint conversion on my 50 Ford, also the heavy duty sway bar) but I have heard of many complaints about customer service being very slow. Hopefully they will get their act together and improve their PR.
flathead4rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Marv

Smile Re: Jamco Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
Hopefully you are using the correct 2 bail GM master cylinder that the remote cover will only fit.
The master cylinder is a CPR 2 bail that is supposed to be the same as a GM master cylinder except it has provisions to use either side to mount the brake lines. The height of the cap was a problem because it hit the floor before i could get itinto place anyway. Since my post i have heard from them and they say that they will refund my money. They seem real nice. Marv64
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
51 MERC-CT

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
The master cylinder is a CPR 2 bail that is supposed to be the same as a GM master cylinder except it has provisions to use either side to mount the brake lines. The height of the cap was a problem because it hit the floor before i could get itinto place anyway. Since my post i have heard from them and they say that they will refund my money. They seem real nice. Marv64
Good to hear.
If space is the issue, you might consider using a GM master such as this (the same type I have on mine )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gm.jpg (33.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by 51 MERC-CT; 02-13-2012 at 08:20 PM.
51 MERC-CT is offline   Reply With Quote