Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
Marshall V. Daut

Default Firewall for a late 1910-1911 Model T

City: Davenport
State: Iowa
Price: 95

This quality wood repo firewall has been stained and clear-coated with a catalyzed spray, color sanded and buffed out. Nice gloss, which is hard to capture on camera with a flash. I did all this during the restoration of my friend's 1911 Touring, only to discover afterwards that whoever cut the firewall wood, made the top piece (directly beneath the windshield frame) a couple inches too short. Not obvious, but it is a bit too short on either side. This car will not be a driver; rather, it will go into the friend's car museum. So, the firewall has to be spot-on. The hole for the steering column has been beveled to fit the column's tube better. This would be a great firewall for a driver! NOTE: the original data plate with body number does NOT go with the firewall! I will carefully drill out the rivets and remove the plate. There will be a small area underneath that is not finished. The buyer will need to purchase a new data plate and install it. Only the wooden firewall is offered, not the brass trim band or w/s frame brackets! These firewalls cost $174.95 new in 2019 catalogs (What will they cost in 2020 catalogs?), but they are unfinished with stain and clear (a LOT of work and material supply cost!). You will also pay high handling and shipping costs from a vendor. I will sell this two-piece firewall for $95 plus ACTUAL shipping cost. USA shipping only. I prefer PayPal, but checks are o.k., too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2752_resized.jpg (72.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2753_resized.jpg (73.9 KB, 12 views)
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: Firewall for a late 1910-1911 Model T

Sold! Thanks, "Ahooga"!
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote