Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
JerseyJim

Default Pictures of 57 T-Bird Fuel & Vacuum Lines?

In the process of installing 57 TBird intake, carb, and distributor on my 56 Bird. Need a little help. Fuel lines and vacuum lines are different from my originals of course. I ordered stainless steel lines from a T-Bird parts house. My experience in the past has been that these repros can be pretty far off. These are far enough off that it's hard to figure out where they should be routed and how they connect.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there in the Barn who has a reasonably correct 57 T-Bird, 312 with a single quad (original type Holley 4150) who can take some close-up shots of this area (with the air cleaner removed) and send them to me. I sure would appreciate the help. I particularly need to see the connections such as the vacuum lines to the block fitting on the intake manifold.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
JerseyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
blucar

Default Re: Pictures of 57 T-Bird Fuel & Vacuum Lines?

I have a dead stock '57 Bird with the Holley 4 barrel... I will take some pix of the fuel/vacuum lines today.. The pix will also show how I hooked up the PCV system from a '64 Ford 292 trk onto my 312.
The attached pix don't show very good detail..they are just for a general idea of how the engine should look. Kinda gives you something to dream about.
I hope you are aware that you will not be able to use the original '56 distributor with the Holley.. The later model 292 distributors will work, however, you will loose the tach drive feature..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57 Bird 8-10.1.jpg (80.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 57 Bird 8-10.3.jpg (71.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 57 Bird 8-10.4.jpg (83.1 KB, 59 views)
Old 10-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
JerseyJim

Bill... Appreciate your help. I located and acquired the correct 57 components including carb, intake manifold, and tach drive distributor.
JerseyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
paul2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
I have a dead stock '57 Bird with the Holley 4 barrel... I will take some pix of the fuel/vacuum lines today.. The pix will also show how I hooked up the PCV system from a '64 Ford 292 trk onto my 312.
The attached pix don't show very good detail..they are just for a general idea of how the engine should look. Kinda gives you something to dream about.
I hope you are aware that you will not be able to use the original '56 distributor with the Holley.. The later model 292 distributors will work, however, you will loose the tach drive feature..
Your power brake unit is the wrong model for a 57.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
blucar

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post
Your power brake unit is the wrong model for a 57.
Interesting observation... I have owned the car since Oct. 1973. I was a member of the T-Bird International Club and the local Chapter for many years, attending their gatherings on a regular basis.. The subject never came up about there being anything wrong with any of the components on my car.
I guess I will have to have a local expert on early Birds look at my car and the PB booster in particular....Of course it really don't mean spit to me, because I gave showing the car many years ago...Bill