Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
goodcar

Default Alexandria MN, Any Model Aers???

Will be moving to Alexandria, MN soon. Any Model A folks there??
goodcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
brito36

Default Re: Alexandria MN, Any Model Aers???

I bought a AA Truck from an older man in Alexandria about forty years ago. There must still be Model A people still up there. One thing I still remember about Alexandria was that everybody there knew who we were and what we were buying. They were the friendliest people that I ever met. Several people in a restaurant came up and talked with us. Sounds like you made a good move....
brito36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
1crosscut

Spent many, many summer vacations fishing in the Alexandria area. Used to go out an night with flash lights and catch leopard frogs to use as bass bait. We would keep them in lidded 5 gallon buckets. Dad would have all of us kids catch enough for several days of fishing the first night or two after we arrived. Usually had at least 50 on hand. One of our favorite tricks was to sneak over to one of the other tents in the middle of the night and quietly open the zipper just enough to dump in a bucket full and slide the zipper shut. Usually didn't take long for things to get "hopping" in the tent.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
goodcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brito36 View Post
I bought a AA Truck from an older man in Alexandria about forty years ago. There must still be Model A people still up there. One thing I still remember about Alexandria was that everybody there knew who we were and what we were buying. They were the friendliest people that I ever met. Several people in a restaurant came up and talked with us. Sounds like you made a good move....
Will turn 72 in August, wife and I in good health but have no one here in Omaha, son lives near Alexandria. Know it's inevitable that the time is coming when we will need to move, lots of nice smooth quiet country roads in that area to drive the Model A. Now have to drive 5 miles in the city over pothole laced streets just to get out of town--to mostly busy highways. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:40 AM   #5
goodcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crosscut View Post
Spent many, many summer vacations fishing in the Alexandria area. Used to go out an night with flash lights and catch leopard frogs to use as bass bait. We would keep them in lidded 5 gallon buckets. Dad would have all of us kids catch enough for several days of fishing the first night or two after we arrived. Usually had at least 50 on hand. One of our favorite tricks was to sneak over to one of the other tents in the middle of the night and quietly open the zipper just enough to dump in a bucket full and slide the zipper shut. Usually didn't take long for things to get "hopping" in the tent.
Oh ya, the mischievous days of youth, had lots of fun doing those kind of things. I grew up in a small town, we made our own fun.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:31 AM   #6
frank mcdaniels

I used to see a guy with th last name off Bass at the car shows He had a business called B and J auto that was from Alexandria.He had some beautiful model Ass and really knew his stuff. there are lots of model a guys in Fergus Falls just up the road. I’m about a 100 miles further north in Fargo Moorhead. we have a club herewith about 20 guys. Just start going to the local car meets and you will meet lots of old ford lovers. Frank
frank mcdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
eagle

I'm at eagle bend, about 35 miles north east of Alex. There are quite a few model A ers around Alex. Good shop for repair, they do everything including Babbitt I hear. At the local parades there are always 5 or 6 at least. Second weekend of August is Rose City Threshing festival. I'll be there with my A, as will several more.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #8
mleder

The Twin Cities Model A Ford Club has a very active chapter, about 240 members. There are tours and events as well as good meeting and clinics. Look it up on the web at :TCMAFC.org
mleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #9
1931flathead

the guy name bob bass I'm thinking he quiet with his shop supper nice guy he did great work on the model a's
1931flathead is offline   Reply With Quote