Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
peters180a/170b

Default Steve P./what is over restored?

What is over restored you asked Any Model "A'' that was put in a better condition than a original car from 1928-31 .l.o.l..
My daughter, Lindsay age 23, went for a ride today. Daddy this car drives on the road Think that was a dumb question to ask me.But then again she was never around before to go for a drive....Kids
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.jpg (81.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (73.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0079.jpg (71.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0090.jpg (64.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0088.jpg (93.4 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by peters180a/170b; 07-18-2010 at 01:11 PM.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
ford1

Cool Re: Steve P./what is over restored?

over restored? ive seen cars with painted radiater hoses and fan belts, even the edge of the head gasket painted to match the engine coloe, none of which was done at the factory, and really there were never any 100 points cars coming from the factory, every one is just a little different in some way, but thats to be expected knowing they were built by yje thpisands by thousand of workers, and even tho they were built on an assembly line they were built indivually one at a time, just how many do you think were identical?
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
peters180a/170b

Default Re: Steve P./what is over restored?

Well Steve Ciccalone can tell ya. He said next time he needed to shave he can use my belly pan for a mirror. [And yes he did judged it [OR], and he did make the correct call. Compared to the orginial cheap paint or should i say poor quality [just to cover the sheet metal ] the new high quality paints of today you need just to spray to get a nice finish. My firewall , rear tub,under rear fender wells all sprayed with same paint on body.Difference is body was rubbed out some to tell the difference between the firewall,tub,fenderwell..So what the new judging standards are asking is to use the new todays paint and dummy them down to look like the old cheap quality paints.Then you have a correct finish restored Model "A". or to me a old restored looking job..l.o.l. P.S. if one should need to have a good time at a National meet or any meet hookup with Steve ,a fun guy to hang out with [a straight shooter right to the point without dancing around]. You want to hear the truth , he's your friend.Tell's you like it is weather you want to hear it or not.

Last edited by peters180a/170b; 07-18-2010 at 04:52 PM.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote