Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
trainguy

Default Mac's on Ebay

While browsing on my favorite auction site I noted a sizable presence of items from Lockport.I also noted that the shipping charges were exorbitant .I wonder if the image that Mac's have acquired of overcharging on shipping has affected their business?
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #2
roadster36
BANNED

Default Re: Mac's on Ebay

I went on their website. I am rebuilding some transmissions and needed some small parts like thrust washers and caged bearings. There were 12 small items that would fit in your hand and they quoted $74.00 shipping. I will never look at their site again. Pure theft.
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
Capt Quahog

Location: Barren windswept mountain somewhere in bleak Northeastern Pennsylvania

It never ceases to amaze me as to how incompetent and plainly stupid are so many of these online / eBay sellers and dealers. They continue to carelessly list erroneous information without any thought of how much damage is being done to their sales.

When I first saw Model A Ford parts listed on eBay by MAC's, I too was put-off by the first page "broadcast" shipping costs. As it turns out, MAC's shipping is the lowest cost deal around. Have placed three orders for parts with MAC's via eBay within the past couple of months. The bigger parts such as two wheel well panels being shipped via FedEx cost under $8. The small screw, nut, hardware order was FREE shipping. A big five foot long tube mailed front metal molding piece and separate sent parts order also cost under $8 complete.

With MAC's and probably other sellers on eBay, the true shipping cost for reference sake can be found in the Shopping Cart section.

Also, in general, I for one do not buy from parts suppliers online. Their overwrought buyer registration process is far too intrusive and bothersome. Made the mistake of signing up with one online seller and making a purchase only to be constantly bombarded with multiple daily Email spam. There seems to be no way to shut it off either. As it works, if possible, eBay is easier and mostly cheaper.

Good luck . . .
Capt Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #4
Dodge

Mac's has flooded ebay so bad with almost their whole catalog worth's of stuff, I refuse
to buy from them any more.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #5
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

I think they are great vendors and so do thousands of other customers. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote