Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-25-2021, 09:39 PM   #1
mreman

Default Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club

Look for an update; tried posting but failed. We hope to complete are Model A and award a winner of the car from those Donating at the end of Oct.

Thanks to those supporting our Pasadena High School Model A Club.
mreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:58 PM   #2
mreman

Default Re: Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club

I have tried to add some pictures to this Post updating our progress with the 4 door we began working on before the Covid 19 started. It is nearing completion, painted green and black.
This Ford Barn admin stopped the loading of the pictures of the car and some pictures of the new students we are recruiting for our next group of Club members. 27 new students have signed up so far. Looks like we may get back to working on another Model A soon, teaching them what tools are and how
the first Model A's were put together.
We are still accepting donations to support our High School Model A Club and have a chance of driving off in our most recent Model A.
You can send a check to Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club, at 1968 Lake Ave, Altadena Ca. 91001. Tax deductible.
Those who donated before are welcome to participate again, and if you want to begin to support us for the first time, we appreciate your contribution, and each 100 dollars give you a chance to take home this years car.
When I get Ford Barn satisfied you will see the pics of the Car, with some new Students of our Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club.
mreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:16 AM   #3
Chuck Sea/Tac

Thanks for the update. Our club bought two tickets.
It would be nice to have a follow up article in the Restorer to see the final assembly.
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
henry's 31

I agree with Chuck and this will give the program more publicity.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:42 AM   #5
bobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreman View Post
I have tried to add some pictures to this Post updating our progress with the 4 door we began working on before the Covid 19 started. It is nearing completion, painted green and black.
This Ford Barn admin stopped the loading of the pictures of the car and some pictures of the new students we are recruiting for our next group of Club members. 27 new students have signed up so far. Looks like we may get back to working on another Model A soon, teaching them what tools are and how
the first Model A's were put together.
We are still accepting donations to support our High School Model A Club and have a chance of driving off in our most recent Model A.
You can send a check to Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club, at 1968 Lake Ave, Altadena Ca. 91001. Tax deductible.
Those who donated before are welcome to participate again, and if you want to begin to support us for the first time, we appreciate your contribution, and each 100 dollars give you a chance to take home this years car.
When I get Ford Barn satisfied you will see the pics of the Car, with some new Students of our Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club.
I sent to the address listed above, and the letter came back to me on 10-14-21. It leaves me wondering, what's up with this post? Possible mistake with the address?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PHS Model A Letter.jpg (66.5 KB, 50 views)
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:44 AM   #6
dean from bozeman

The address I found for the high school is:
2925 E Sierra Madre Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107

The address listed is 1968 Lake Ave, Altadena Ca. 91001
Mapquest puts it 3 miles from the high school.

Let me play the skeptic. Is this legit?
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #7
bobH

For info... here is a google image of what appears to be an office building at 1968 Lake...
Still wondering. Could be legit, or not?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1968 Lake.jpg (29.9 KB, 17 views)
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
McMimmcs

The school should clarify this discrepancy immediately. If they don’t ticket sales will drop dramatically!
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:04 PM   #9
Bob C

Looks like the same address they used before.

03-25-2019, 08:57 AM #1 mreman

Pasadena High School Model A Club update 3of3
OK folks, I thought I would give you results of our Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club attending the Orange County Annual Pancake Breakfast yesterday.

Some of you who have never been to there Pancake Breakfast are missing one of the largest collections of Model A's, with over 200 A's and over 40 other nice cars. They allowed us to set up some large photos in front of the eating area where we could sell our raffle tickets donating to our Club, and getting a chance to win our project car, a 1929 Roadster. We sold 38 tickets.

We had one of our High School advisers and 2 students with us.. One of our girls one the bicycle raffled off in the huge raffle that follows the Breakfast. We were also given an Aries muffler from the winner who could not find a way to get it home.

We have not reached 300 ticket sells so far, so your odds of wining are excellent. To donate just make out your check to PHSMAFC, 1968 Lake Ave, Altadena, CA. 91001. Kindly include a stamped self addressed envelop for your returned ticket or tickets. Note each $100 dollar donation gets a ticket.
This is a tax deductible donation. I hope I can add some pictures. Oops they did not load.
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:28 AM   #10
burner31

A one in 300 chance of winning a Model A, I like them odds...but I will wait before I buy a ticket...just to be sure this is on the up and up...It's not that I don't trust anybody...It's just that you can't trust anyone...anymore
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #11
Tom Endy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
A one in 300 chance of winning a Model A, I like them odds...but I will wait before I buy a ticket...just to be sure this is on the up and up...It's not that I don't trust anybody...It's just that you can't trust anyone...anymore

The Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club has been chartered for several years and is definitely a recognized organization. They have raffled off a couple of cars they have restored over the past few years. I have personally been involved with the club and conducted a number of technical seminars for them. The organizers of this club should be applauded. More high schools should organize such a club.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #12
dean from bozeman

I become suspicious when correspondence has grammatical and spelling errors, e.g. 'One of our girls one the bicycle...'. and e.g. 'Some of you who have never been to there Pancake Breakfast...'.

Also, even though a "school shop" might be off campus, it seems like the checks should be sent to the school address.

Now I may be totally wrong but it is worth looking into.

__________________________________________________ ______________________
Just saw the new post.

Tom Endy, thank you for the update. Looks like my suspicions were incorrect. I am glad that there are organizations like this. I would suggest that they check over their correspondence before sending it out.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #13
McMimmcs

I am very curious why the school has not responded to this post to clarify the discrepancy. I certainly will not be purchasing a ticket until I am satisfied it is totally legitimate !
Old 10-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #14
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Endy View Post
The Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club has been chartered for several years and is definitely a recognized organization. They have raffled off a couple of cars they have restored over the past few years. I have personally been involved with the club and conducted a number of technical seminars for them. The organizers of this club should be applauded. More high schools should organize such a club.

Tom Endy
Well, Tom Endy is a knowledgeable and highly respected individual in the Model A community in Southern California. I‘ll take Tom’s first hand knowledge of and involvement in the program over the naysayers.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #15
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
Well, Tom Endy is a knowledgeable and highly respected individual in the Model A community in Southern California. I‘ll take Tom’s first hand knowledge of and involvement in the program over the naysayers.

David Serrano
Hardly fair to call someone a naysayer because they simply questioned authenticity. Nowhere did anyone say it was not legitimate.