Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #181
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

I am sure you will well pleased, what type car are you working on?? Post some photos and a story, let us see your finished work from Jonathan, thanks
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #182
felix37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce in southern OH View Post
Before I can install my new Wood Grain interior parts I have to install a new Windshield. Waiting on a new Windshield from Tom Trautwein, sent the old windshield frame to him and now I made a template out of cardboard per his instructions so he can tell the curve of cowl better, frame had been patched over the years. This evening I received a VIDEO sent to me from Jonathan of Honest Charley Speed Shop, here is the link, thanks again Jonathan!!!!
http://youtu.be/J_-PsedMvws
Bruce, It was great visiting with you! can't wait to see the finished car!
Ted(motordr) has both his 32 vicky and his 32 3 window parts getting grained. He said he will probably pick his up and get the tour of the Speed shop,garage and the Coker museum too. I love it when I get to meet my Ford Barn friends in person!
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #183
RKS.PA

Bruce, that woodgrain video is awesome. Thank you for posting it. Makes me start thinking about my '39 interior trim!!

Your car is going to be a knockout, and its story is a great tribute to our hobby!!

Dick.
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #184
Bruce in southern OH

Traveled Thursday to Charlotte Motor Speedway Swap Meet and picked up my original re-chromed 1934 grill. Got home today and removed the original grill and placed the new grill on car. Also, have the windshield being made by Tom T. in NY, hope to get it back soon so I can install my woodgraining from Honest Charley's. Lots of V8 parts, flathead engines for sale and everything else from porch gliders to bad hot dogs at 6.00 each and 5.00 a bottle water!!!!
Arrive in a free ride from AACA member, thanks for the lift!

Old grill that came on car

New grill

New grill on car

Like Johnny Cash "one piece at a time" !!! Saw several people I knew including Mike from the Honest Charley Speed Shop. Great sites in the NASCAR garages with Mustang's and NC Highway Patrol cars from 2014 to a 35 Ford Roadster.

1935 Roadster NC Highway Patrol Car
Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #185
Bruce in southern OH

UPDATE, got a call from Joe's Antique Auto Parts Friday and said that Tom T. had sent 34 Windshield Frame to Chrome Shop and should have in about 5 weeks. Joe has called several times to let me know status of progress. Need the Windshield to finish interior woodgrain installation. Thanks to all.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #186
Bruce in southern OH

Well I am back, got the 34 Windshield frame with glass this past Wednesday, it has been a long wait but looks like it was worth it. Don P. and I did place frame in car to make sure it would fit, looked great. I now need to clean up car windshield opening, metal prep, then light coat of black paint and I will install windshield. I DO HAVE a question? The windshield rubber seal I ordered and have is one long piece, I plan on cutting on a 45 to make corners, it looks best in car with the seal rubber flange away from new chrome frame, but is this the correct installation. (hate to cover up any of the new chrome) I have the 33/34 book but not a good photo of 34 Cabriolet windshield picture, any information appreciated. Also I have heard on forum about the black paste material to use on windshield seal, need source or name of product. I plan on installing windshield this coming week and then I can install my NEW WOODGRAIN trim!!!!!
Ordered from Joe's Antique Auto parts, made by Tom Trautwein

Also Don P. fixed my drivers side window regulator, works a lot better now.

Rubber seal for windshield???

Also have my correct top pieces to hold top down, will have to install on the bow of top, it was missing the hold downs, had home made window clamps.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #187
Lawson Cox

Is that a ding on the right lower side of the grill, near the center? It appears the same in both photos.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #188
Bruce in southern OH

Will have to look, far from a perfect car, grill on car you would have to be on your knees to see the DING! Lot more items to address than that, smile!!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #189
Bruce in southern OH

Today I installed the windshield, sprayed the rubber seal with Teflon/silicon spray lubricant, rubbed the frame with spray, all rubber parts and it slipped right in. I thought from beginning that there was no way it was going to fit, but the frame is perfect. Talked to one man this evening over in Baltimore area and he said he replaced 2 or 3 glass windshields from over tightening the inside windshield screws. He would come back and find glass broke, I am leaving mine alone, looks good. Also got a lot of information from him about his Cabriolet and things to fix problems I am working on, Fordbarn works GREAT!
Cut the long strip of windshield rubber and worked out well, lots of tape and clamps to hold in place for proper fit

Now I will ask on this thread, I need the metal strip that goes on the top front header bow, I did not know I was missing this part until looking for windshield seal information. The top of car cowl windshield has a cap on top, but I need the matching wood bow top cover part. Any information on location of one or someone that makes them is appreciated, Bruce
Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #190
felix37

Bruce, the grill and windshield frame look Great! Can't wait to see this car in person.
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #191
Don

See,you can get things done without me around to supervise,,looks nice don.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #192
Bruce in southern OH

You need to come home, BIG STORM coming for you, leave NOW! Yes I do need the help, placed dash in car today and am ordering a set of screws and bumpers for interior parts, stay safe,