Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #21
darrell

Default Re: 292 Flexplate Replacement Alternative

there is the mate of this flywheel for sale on ebay for the 223 but it says 146 teeth.292 and 223 take the same flywheel but in this case maybe something is different.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #22
darrell

the part number is B9A6375-A.maybe someone can cross reference it.i tried but couldnt get anywhere.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #23
rotorwrench

It may be a PCC with that case number on it. These were used in 1961 & 62 Ford & Mercury cars with the 292. The original transmission was likely a PAZ that was used in 58 through 60 Ford & Edsel with 292. They are both short case (FX) dual range Cruise-O-Matics for use with the 292 and are likely interchangeable to some extent. Any car in this range with a 292 & automatic will use this flex plate.

You might try Southside Obsolete. He has a large amount of old Ford NOS stuff but I don't know if he has stuff that new or not. It's too bad Stacy Brown shut his operation down. He likely would have had one or two. Buying the old Ford dealer inventories out would end up with stuff like that. Flat Top Bob at Owens Salvage up in Wellington TX might have some used stuff. I can't tell where you're at so I don't know about local stuff to you.

PS: My Ford Books list a P/N B8A-6375-D for 292 with FM or CM. The B9A-6375-A isn't listed in that book. My 1966 cross reference book lists a change of the B8A-6375-D to a C3TE-6375-A. This would likely be for a Ford pickup but it doesn't show up anywhere on the net.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 03-08-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: correct info
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
KULTULZ

Post Re: 292 Flexplate Replacement Alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsandybn View Post

Here is a pic of it - Looks like its a three piece
The photo is showing a F/M or C/M. They both take the same plate - B8A 6375-D. It also needs the reinforcing ring shown B8AZ 6A366-A.

It is not readily available. Nothing will interchange unless you modified the front pump/convertor assy in some fashion (as doing an FMX upgrade.

I swear when I first GOOGLED the PN, I found a CHI-COM supplier. I didn't keep the reference. I will search again or you can just GOOGLE B8A 6375-D exactly as shown.

Another method is to have a salvage yard give you a HOLLANDERS PN and they/you can search yards with that. Or you can find a period FORD with the same setup and take it from that.

B9A 6375-A is a 223 CI plate.

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)

Last edited by KULTULZ; 03-08-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: BAD INFO
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #25
jimsandybn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
The photo is showing a F/M or C/M. They both take the same plate - B8A 6375-D. It also needs the reinforcing ring shown B8AZ 6A366-A.

It is not readily available. Nothing will interchange unless you modified the front pump/convertor assy in some fashion (as doing an FMX upgrade.

I swear when I first GOOGLED the PN, I found a CHI-COM supplier. I didn't keep the reference. I will search again or you can just GOOGLE B8A 6375-D exactly as shown.

Another method is to have a salvage yard give you a HOLLANDERS PN and they/you can search yards with that. Or you can find a period FORD with the same setup and take it from that.

B9A 6375-A is a 223 CI plate.
Thanks for the info! I did find a reasonable Chinese RG - how do you find the inner plate to go with it? I could weld it, I guess, but I'd have to find a machine shop to balance it...
jimsandybn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #26
KULTULZ

Post Re: 292 Flexplate Replacement Alternative

TRY HERE-

https://www.rearcounter.com/B8AZ-6A3...rts219762.html

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #27
jimsandybn

All - I just found a 148T flexplate on ebay and bought it... Thank you to all for your input, expertise and guidance.
jimsandybn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #28
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: 292 Flexplate Replacement Alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsandybn View Post

All - I just found a 148T flexplate on ebay and bought it... Thank you to all for your input, expertise and guidance.
Maybe you should rush out and buy some lottery tickets as your luck is on a roll.

- DISCLAIMER -

Old 03-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
bobss396

Just saw you found one. Good deal.

Last edited by bobss396; 03-12-2019 at 11:44 AM.
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote