Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #21
frank long island

Default Re: 1955 Ford stationwagon

BACK WHEN I DID THE 12 volt conversion and modern harness on my 55 merc wagon I used the stock gauges with a voltage reducer from a 60's mustang the amp gauge was converted to volts by using a modern gauge for the internals and drilling for the screws also used the secret audio but did away with the stock radio and put the ac/heat controls there the holes for volume and tuning received cables for fresh air from former heater intake slot for pushbuttons got a bracket to hold the controls for unit theirs a pic on my profile

Last edited by frank long island; 03-08-2019 at 05:36 PM.
frank long island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #22
poolplayer1

Dang, that engine really looks nice and fast,3 carbs. I don't have a chance against this baby. Nice pix.
While I'm here ,I have a question on the upper control bushings .I have the arms out of the car and ready to install the bushings. I bought the Moog K321 bushing kit. When I started to press in the front bushing,I noticed that the diameter of the bushing is smaller than the opening in the arm.In other words,when the bushing is in the arm,I can see that the bushing is not tight against the arm.I see a small gap in between. I called the parts store for them to check and see if I might of gotten the wrong bushings but they told me that those are the right ones for my vehicle.
Maybe I am doing something wrong during the installation. Maybe you guys can give me an idea on why this bushing does not fit right other than being the wrong part.
Thanks to all as usuall.
I am doing this while waiting for engine parts.
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 AM   #23
poolplayer1

Well, according to the parts store,they figured that the wrong parts had been put in the box.Part # was correct but wrong parts inside.They ordered a new set of bushings and guess what,same thing,bushings were the wrong ones again. I told them to forget it and to give me a refund. I than went to napa and ordered the bushings there.They came in next morning and this time,I got the right bushings.So, hoping to get the bushings installed this weekend.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #24
poolplayer1

Need some help with crank and water pump pulley info. Currently on my 302 I have a 2 groove crank pulley and a 2 groove water pump pulley. This are V-belt pulleys. I am going to install a vintage air ac unit in this wagon. Am I going to have to upgrade the pulleys in order to make room for the ac unit belt? Thanks for your response.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #25
poolplayer1

I found the info that I needed on the pulleys for my 302 engine. Thanks.