Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
judge65

Default 54-56 Courier Script

City: Brisbane
State: Australia

Hello All, great site!! I`m looking for a pair of Fender Scripts for my `56 Courier. I believe they would have been the same from 1954 to 1956. Also, I know it`s a longshot, but a pair of original seats would be good too
Regards,
John.
judge65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
yblocker

Default Re: 54-56 Courier Script

John,
I'm going back to this junkyard that has a 54 courier next weekend if it still has the script I'll. Try and snag it for ya.
Troy
yblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
judge65

Thumbs up Re: 54-56 Courier Script

G`day Troy,
Thanks for the reply, sorry about the delayed response, just got the computer back from the repairer. That`d be great if the script was still on the car, let me know how you went.
Regards,
John.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Daves55Sedan

Some of the Couriers had a single driver seat like you used to see in an old schoolbus. On the passenger side, they often had a mounting surface for a clipboard.

Some of the Couriers had a regular split-back seat identical to the 2-door sedan seat. Depends on what the car was used for.

I have a 2-door car seat I'd let go of for a little bit of nothing, but it is a long way from australia.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
judge65

G`day Dave,
Thanks for the reply, and the offer. I have the Factory Sales Brochures for both 1955 and 1956 and they show both the split bench and a single seat, but I also saw a `56 that sold on ebay quite a few years ago that had what appeared to be a pair of original single buckets in it.
I`ve also seen a couple of Couriers on the net that have been converted to ambulances and they have had a bucket seat that folded forward and allowed access to the rear via the passenger-side door. Not sure if they were the same as the seats for the Panel Deliverys P100 ?
My Courier is actually still in South Dakota at the moment, hoping to pick it up in September and have a bit of a look around over there...might just find all the bits I need, or don`t need.
Regards,
John.
My Courier is actually sitting at a friend of mine`s place in S.Dakota at the moment .
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
Daves55Sedan

I also have a pair of the special Courier single "bus-type" seat floor mounting brackets here if you decide to go with the "bus" single seat.
Apparently, the seat attaches to a rod at the bottom front. The rod passes thru the seat mounting brackets and allows the entire seat to fold forward so you can gain access to the cargo area.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote