Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
Joe K

Default Epping 8/25/19 Flea Market

Attended the Epping Dragway flea market this morning.

Parking was nearer the main road which surprised. The flea market stalls were nearer the back and to the left almost in parallel with the strip. The field seems to have dried out for the summer.

Probably five rows of sellers. Perhaps 200 in all. Most of the stock was 1940s-1960s era "speed stuff." But a few people in the hobby were there selling off Model A stock.

I made a deal with one for an un-cracked flywheel housing. Not too bad a price I guess.

Most of these "in the hobby" types seem to know intuitively the pricing of Model A items. No real deals to be had although most are sympathetic to someone who knows and appreciates the Model A and are willing to work with you. All seem to want to know "what they should bring next time" - the next time being Sunday September 29, 2019.

There were a couple of sellers of more "miscellaneous ephemera" who were selling some Model A parts probably left over from their own restoration. I bought a throttle linkage from one of these for VERY small money. Cleaning out can do that I guess, to the buyers advantage.

Didn't see Joe Tam - which surprised me. I was early and he may get in later.

Didn't see Keith True - although having met him now twice in person I might not be able to pick him out when he is out of his natural habitat.

Joe K
Old 08-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
monto

Default Re: Epping 8/25/19 Flea Market

When I was leaving at about 0800, the parking lot was packed.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
Keith True

Default Re: Epping 8/25/19 Flea Market

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I have been dragging stuff home that I don't need since I first went to Amherst in 1972,so I haven't been going to the dragway meet.I heard something in the yard at about 8:00 this morning,I looked out and saw a friends car and a couple strange ones.When he leaves the meet he usually drags a couple of people over to show them the 35 coupe I bought.He knows what garage it is in so I don't pay any attention to them.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote