Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
fordv8j

Default 1938 convertible quarter panel stainless

Will the quarter panel stainless from a 38 convertible coupe (with rumble seat), fit a 38 club convertible coupe, with back seat. the stainless on our 38 convertible coupe is 53''....Thanks
fordv8j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
supereal

Default Re: 1938 convertible quarter panel stainless

The answer is "maybe", as the open car bodies were often outsourced due to the limited production numbers of these models. At one time Drake carried side trim for the '39 convertible coupes and sedans. You can reach them at 800/221-3643.
supereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
johnny

Question do you need mlds for a club coupe[has back seat) I have a real good set 53 long ,They came with the club I bought (were off the car ) .they were a slight bit off on the curve to line up to the holes,they had to be forced to line up to the holes I found another set. That fit perfectly. So maybe the ones I still have are to fit the rumble seat coupe and yes maybe there is a slight difference.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
fordv8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
Question do you need mlds for a club coupe[has back seat) I have a real good set 53 long ,They came with the club I bought (were off the car ) .they were a slight bit off on the curve to line up to the holes,they had to be forced to line up to the holes I found another set. That fit perfectly. So maybe the ones I still have are to fit the rumble seat coupe and yes maybe there is a slight difference.
I have a set for sale 53", a guy wanted to know if they would fit a 38 club con, I told him I didn't know, so looks like they may be a little different, they are the same length as our 38 conv. coupe,I held them up against the car; seems like the curvature is a little different, but looked like they would work with a little pressure......Thanks
fordv8j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #5
mercman from oz

Here is a picture of a 1938 Ford Deluxe Club Convertible showing the rear quarter chrome strip. Does this picture help in answering your question?
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #6
mercman from oz

Wanted - Chrome Strip for rear quarter on unique to Australia 1938 Ford Standard Roadster. It is 53 inches long.
My friend is restoring this rare car, but it is missing this strip on the right hand side. The left side strip is on the car.
Can anybody help him out with this missing strip? He also needs the die-cast centre strip for the grille.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote