Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #21
Ggmac

Default Re: Flathead Inspection Pics and Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsturges View Post
Just wanted to update this thread since I finally got the block to an experienced flathead builder who cleaned, magnafluxed, and pressure tested the block. It passed with flying colors! The one cylinder that is scored will need to be sleeved to get it back to .060 over. He also said one other cylinder will need to be sleeved as well, as it was a little out of round. The machinist didn't want to try to bore this block out further due to the previous sleeve. Ironically, I have found another good block while this one was at the shop and I think I may end up using the other block instead. It is bored .125 over. It's not ported or relieved like this one, but I think the extra cubes will make up for it. If anyone is interested in this block, let me know. I will be putting it up on the classifieds.
I'm in lake worth Florida. What are the basic specs on this block . Year , bore ,etc . I may be able to use it .
Thanks , Gary
Ps did these come from Julio ( spelling ) guy from pompano ?
Ggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #22
fordor41

Default Re: Flathead Inspection Pics and Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
If that is the same piston, I don't see how a broken ring can come out of the land, leaving the piston whole, though dented. I thing something went down the intake. The cylinder scores don't look incredibly deep, but expect to see .080.
when I bought my '41 we were running it in the yard and heard a loud bang. next oil change a piece of ring came out of the pan with the oil, probably a piece of oil ring.
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)