Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
transbytip

Default It worked for me

Guys,lets start& share a good idea thread.My first idea I came up with to help make a job easier is,I gave my daughter a Dodge Interepid,after many miles the water pump started leaking,guess who got the job to fix it me. the w.p. is internally driven which means the front cover needs removed now there is a bunch of diff.size&lengths of bolts holding it on,how am I going to keep them all seperate to go back where they belong.Here is what I came up with, when I retired my brother gave me a very big magnetic tray I thought to draw an outline of cover with magic marker in mag.tray and put a dot on tray where each bolt went now when I pulled a bolt out I put it on on the corresponding dot wala reversed process every thing went back quickly no fumbling around trying to match right bolt for right hole IT WORKED FOR ME Cliff.
transbytip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
deuce_roadster

Default Re: It worked for me

When dealing with a shaft with a hole for a cotter pin, like the end of an old Ford axle or a ball joint, I draw a line on the end of the shaft with a sharpie in line with the hole so I know where the hole is in relation to a castellated nut.
deuce_roadster is online now   Reply With Quote