Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Mark Schwing

Default Youth Restoration Awards for 2010

At the Vancouver convention on August 6th, Charlie Viosca announced the Youth restoration Awards for 2010. First time receipients are:

Rebecca Pratt, Sullivan, IL
Brandon Malcharek, San Antonio, TX
Bill Brum, Raynham, MA
Joshua Rubin, Traverse City, MI
Mike Cataldo, Foxborough, MA.

Repeating for a second award are:

Chris Mills, Lexington, KY
Frank Vitetta, Pembroke Pines, FL
Kyle Fink, Kingwood, TX
Caleb Pinor, Zimmerman, MN.

Each Award winner will recieve a total of $1750 in cash and merchandise credits toward their restoration project. Chris Mills and Frank Vitetta were the recipents of two restoreable Model A Ford Victorias at the 2008 Dallas meet.

Model A vendors providing gift certificates included Piranos, Mike's A-Fordable Parts, Snyder's Antique Auto Parts, Sacramento Vintage Ford, Mac's, Bratton's Model A Ford Parts and Lebaron Bonney. Your support of these vendors helps to make these awards possible.

MAFCA, MARC and MAFFI also made donations to the award.

A number of local clubs are also on the donor list. These include the Dallas Model A Ford Club, the Victoria A's, Capitol City A's, Palomar A's, Orange County Model A Ford Club, Piney Wood A's, the Mininuteman Chapter, Modesto A's, Victoria Association, Pomona A's and the Santa Anita A's.

Chatrlie Visoca announced that he was stepping down as president of the Youth Restoration Award program and introduced me as his successor. I know of no better endeavor that local clubs and individuals can do then to introduce young people into our hobby and to support their efforts with money, parts and technical knowledge.

Fund raising for the 2012 awards has already started. If you and/or your chapter/region can help out in anyway please contact me by email. While the Youth Restoration Award program is limited to applicants between 12 and 21 years of age, I would encourage you to support young adults of all ages to join our hobby.
Mark Schwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Jack '29 Sport Coupe

Default Re: Youth Restoration Awards for 2010

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
This is great! Get 'em hooked while they're still young.

Jack