Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
History

Default Zenith troubles

I rebuilt the zenith 2 a few months back and some of you may recall that I missed the passage on the side of the (gav). When it made no difference while adjusting the (gav) I opened it back up and found that passage was blocked and cleaned it with a paper clip.

On the initial rebuild, it started great, ran great, idled great but there was no change at all when I adjusted the (Gav). The OCD in me (hidden very deeply) couldn't stand it and I took it apart again to fix the (gav). I know that my float was set wrong initially as gas was coming out the vent in the bowl. I also noticed that the float had been adjusted but bending it and not adding washers. I was able to fix this with no added pressure or tension on the float (no float leak). I checked the float level by holding a jelly jar under the float and had my brother turn the gas on. I watched as it filled up and stopped with about 5/8 distance from the top. I figured perfection and put everything back together. It cranks the same but it doesn't run the same. It acts like its starving for gas as the acceleration isn't the same and it backfires some now. My flow from the tank to carb has been checked and it's good so,,,,,,,,,,. What say you experts, what should I check next?
History is offline   Reply With Quote