Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-06-2021, 01:21 PM   #21
1930artdeco

Default Re: My wife is a keeper

My wife went with me on impromptu weekend trip to vegas to check out a 57 ford wagon. I bought it and three weeks later endured two days of center seat driving in a UHAUL to trailer it back.

Mike
Old 06-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #22
CHuDWah

Just passed 45 years - and yeah, I had to do the math. My wife also is a keeper - she isn't much into cars but she tolerates my obsession. Although she did grumble a bit when she had to scrape ice off her windshield because my junk was in the garage - can't really blame her. Ironically, now that we live in land of no winter, there's room in the garage.
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #23
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Maine View Post
My wife is a keeper also. I often mention that old cars a like potato chips. I now have four. But as I said, my wife is a keeper. She would walk past my cars in the garage and out into the driveway in the snow and ice and scrape off the windshield of her car before she would go to work. I had left for work an hour earlier, walked past her car and never gave it thought. Gosh, I was a pig!! Ed
Yes you were a pig ! I agree.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #24
Gene F

Have any of you considerd that a wife acts happy that an new collector car is comming because it keeps you out from "under foot"?

It is possible to have fewer collector cars, because I see guys with too many cars to actually get them done, and keep them exercised. To me I don't want to hog collector cars up, just to keep other guys from having one to enjoy. Don't take this wrong, I'm not accusing anyone of hoggin' em' up. Just saying it is something to consider... Quality vs quantity.

Also, my wife's non-winter driver is a 92 Corvette from the McDorman collection.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #25
john in illinois

48 years. I first thought about an A 12 years ago. I found one I liked on ebay. I asked her what she thought and she said” bid on it”. Later she said she did not really think I would.

We have travelled 28,000 miles together in that A. 1930 Tudor She spells me and drives
sometimes .

John
Old 06-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #26
Gene F

John, our local club had a thing once where they taught the ladies to drive our As. My wife did just fine. However, she did admit to her sister that there is a lot more work to driving one of them that what she gathered by watching me all those years. I told her that if she thinks the A is a lot of work she should try driving a T sometime.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #27
Karl

30 years for me . I used to operate on the principle thats its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it came to buying cars but have mellowed with age . Interstingly Andrea has never epressed any desire to drive any of my cars -Once when I felt I might have drunk to much to drive she tried to drive my Sports coupe -After 100 yards i concluded it was safer for me to drive what ever my state -I was actually fine -Karl
Old 06-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #28
john in illinois

Gene she drove a grain truck when we farmed so she learned quick on the A. It is very tiring to drive,especially the wind. As we are getting older,we are not driving as many miles in the A. But it is still fun.

John
Old 06-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #29
BrianH

If my wife said that I'd add on to the garage.
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #30
JimZ

When online shopping for parts or accessories my wife’s only question is, “do they take PayPal?”. If she goes with me to a swap meet (rarely) it’s, “get it before someone else does”.
JimZ is offline   Reply With Quote