Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Thor

Default 1947 Ford Tudor - Rust Free (literally) Restoration Project

City: New Richmond
State: Wisconsin
Price: $6,750

LOWER PRICE:$6,750

In the short term my wife and I are having to deal some health and other life issues which have led me to decide that I need to let my project go for now.

What I have here is a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Tudor Sedan. This car was an abandoned restoration project that I picked up a couple years ago. This car is literally rust free - that is what made me decide to buy it. I don't believe you can find a cleaner, more solid car in the United States - but there is a dent in the rear passenger side fender inline with the tip of the bumper - it was there when I bought the car.

The car had been disassembled and painted, including restoring the dash and painting the garnish moldings and such on the interior. The previous owner started to reassemble it but stopped and that is where the car is at right now. Occasionally, I will take the car for a spin around the block but most of the time it sits.

It has the stock drive train with a good running flathead and 3 speed on the column. The brakes are good and the car has tube shocks all around. According to the odometer the car has 40,340 miles on it. Based on the overall condition of the car, I have no reason to believe that this is not actual. I do not believe the engine has been rebuilt. NOTE: On 5/1/17 I bought a brand new battery for the car.

As mentioned the car has been partially re-assembled and I have all of the parts that are not currently on it. These parts include original, N.O.S, and reproductions. This would include, but is not limited to the running boards, side windows and regulators, freshly painted garnish moldings, stock radio, heater, hub caps, gaskets, seals, knobs, window fuzzies, etc., etc. The chrome grille shown in the photos was a cheap repop that I got rid of. I bought a decent original grille with straight stainless from a fellow on the HAMB and that grille will go with the car. One negative is that all of the stainless side moldings are missing. The previous owner said they got lost in a move. NOTE: I recently picked up the stainless hood, door, and quarter body moldings and the lower front fender moldings for the car. At this point the only trim that will be missing are the fender moldings and the two short cowl moldings.

The gauges all work and look as if they have been restored as well. The front seat is original and will obviously need to be re-covered. The rear seat springs are really clean and have been repainted and would be ready to be reupholstered. I have the door panels and headliner but they are toast and would only be good for patterns.

The American Racing five spokes on the front of the car are not included but if someone was interested we might be able to work out a deal where they could be included. I have a set of late forties 15x5 Kelsey Hayes Ford/Mercury wheels that will go with the car. The tires on these steel wheels are rollers. The wheels have been shot blasted and primed with etching primer.

I have lowered the price to $6,900 for the car. For as solid as the car is I think that is a fair price. However, I recognize that others may not agree so I will consider reasonable offers. I have recently been offered $6,000 for the car. I can't go that low but we're getting close to being in the neighborhood price-wise.

If there is something that you want pictures of let me know and I will work to get them to you.

I have the clean, clear title for the car in-hand and it is ready to go.

Thank you for looking at my ad. Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0561.jpg (77.9 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1732.jpg (46.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1854.jpg (62.8 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1734.jpg (42.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0564.jpg (89.7 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0565.jpg (71.8 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0572.jpg (65.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1829.jpg (61.5 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1855.jpg (63.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1858.jpg (92.5 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0581.jpg (45.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0582.jpg (38.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0598.jpg (65.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1609.jpg (33.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0571.jpg (79.2 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Thor; 05-31-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added details, lowered price
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Thor

Default Re: 1947 Ford Tudor - Rust Free (literally) Restoration Project

I did say in my ad that I would consider reasonable offers...

I am going to be picking up the stainless hood, door, and quarter body moldings and the lower front fender moldings for the car. At this point the only trim that will be missing are the fender moldings and the two short cowl moldings.

Thanks,

Thor
Old 05-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Thor

I picked up the body side molding I talked about above and I also purchased a new battery for it last night (5/1/17)

Back to the top...
Old 05-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #4
Thor

I have the clean, clear title for the car in-hand and it is ready to go.

Back up again.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
Thor

Back to the top again with a lowered price. I need to move this car.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Thor

The Car has been SOLD! Thanks Blaine!

Steve

Last edited by Thor; 07-22-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: The car has been sold.