Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Lyle

Default Papers for a model A ford

Hello . I have a 29 model a roadster with a flathead ford I have nothing in the way of a title. All I have is recepts form eight different people.The frame was a mess can,t find numbers on it. The body was rusted out six to eight inches arount the bottom. no finders, running boards I have replaced subrails, crossrails, patch pannels,ect. ect. This is not going to be a rat rod I wish I had all the parts but dont.I hate the idea of chopping up a model A. The body will be as close to stock as possible. What will I need to get paper work here in Texas. Thanks lyle
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Papers for a model A ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
What will I need to get paper work here in Texas. Thanks lyle
My guess would be luck!

Does Texas have a title that reflects that it was assembled from parts?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Lyle

I have never owened a car or truck without a title. dont know how to start the process. I will call the state hyway boys and see if they can help me. Or the County title clerk. I was hoping that some one from Texas has gone through this process and could help me start in the right deriction. Thanks Lyle
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
allen

Send a message via ICQ to allen

State to state is different not sure about Texas here in Mississippi you will need two bill of sales, notarized, the bill of sales have to go from one owner to next ending with you, I my dealing with the HP I would not get them involved down here you will open a can of worms, Check to see if your state has a bonded titles, if so this is one more way
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
1931 flamingo

Make a trip or phone call to local DMV office and find out what THEY want in order to register, then you'll know for sure.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
MAG

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
You can get all the title application forms here:
http://www.txdmv.gov/whatyouneed/for...istration.htmr

Usually the folks at the County Auto Title Division are acoustomed to handling ROUTINE title transfers. Applications such as yours are, to them, out of the ordinary. My suggestion is to answer their questions. Do not offer or volunteer any other information. They do not know that you are applying for a title to a car that has been "assembled" so why tell them. That will certainly lead to a lot of questions that can lead to no title. Have a "bill of sale" (including the engine #) with you to prove that you own the vehicle.

Use the engine number for the vehicle ID number. Get a pencil tracing of it. There is a form for it at the above URL. Take the pencil tracing with you. They may direct you to go to the Texas DMV to have an officer verify the number. Do it. At the worst you may have to get a "bonded title" . That is OK. It is perfectly legal and easily obtainable.
Good luck with it.
MAG is offline   Reply With Quote