Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #41
barnfind

Default Re: Dealing with the heirs on '32 parts ect.

When I buy something for a "future project" I try to remember to write what I paid for it on the box or attach a piece of masking tape in case my kids unexpectedly end up with my junk.
That way they can make a decision to either toss it or try to find a buyer.
Had a friend who loved swap meets and passed away unexpectedly. I tried to help his widow but his junk was so diverse I didn't know what most of it was. Two tractor trailer loads !
barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:14 AM   #42
BoxCar Tom

Default Re: Dealing with the heirs on '32 parts ect.

Death is kind in some respects, what about dementia or Alzheimer's. A friend from OH ended up in "extended" care. His kids didn't want anything to do with his junk even though they knew the value, his second wife was happy to clear the house, basement and garage. It was all placed on the curb. I found out about it months later. Regardless, nobody gets out alive. Take inventory, value and identify everything. At the very least write a list. I did it about four years ago, took several lined pads, then entered it on an excel spreadsheet. About two thousand lines. Easy to sort and find everything. The bulk of my small parts are stored in 80 numbered boxes in my basement. And no ($) math mistakes.
BoxCar Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)