Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
johnsor

Default Model A Parts Auction

Apparently "Little Dearborn" old Ford auto parts in Minneapolis is going out of business as there is currently a large online auction being conducted on all of the Model A, T, and much other old Ford parts. Parts appear to be mostly NOS. The online auction is open until October 11. Go to www.grafeauction.com
johnsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Model A Parts Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsor View Post
Apparently "Little Dearborn" old Ford auto parts in Minneapolis is going out of business as there is currently a large online auction being conducted on all of the Model A, T, and much other old Ford parts. Parts appear to be mostly NOS. The online auction is open until October 11. Go to www.grafeauction.com
The word is they are not going out of business, but just moving and downsizing;

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165227

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204744

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
Russ/40

Bids are in the stratosphere.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
[email protected]

Brief Description

This is the fourth of many auction of selling the parts inventory of Little Dearborn. If you can imagine a Ford part from the 1920s to the 1970s, it is likely on this sale or one of the upcoming sales. In fact, we think we may have found blinker fluid.

Details

This is the fourth auction of at least three more selling the parts inventory of Little Dearborn Parts, Inc in Minneapolis, MN. If you can imagine a Ford part from the 1920s to the 1970s, it is likely on this sale or one of the upcoming sales. In fact, we think we may have found blinker fluid.

Little Dearborn has been in the business of selling Ford Motor Company car parts for over 60 years. Much of their original parts inventory is new or like new including brand new model A and model T car parts, Thunderbird parts and more. If you can image a Ford automobile part from the 1920s through the 1970s, it is likely on this sale, including headlights, radios, fenders, body panels, transmission parts, chassis parts, horns, carburetors, brakres, springs, chrome molding and much more. In fact, there are so many parts we think we may have found blinker fluid...

Questions about the auction should be directed to Paul McCartan (515) 320-7600, specific parts questions should be directed to Roger at Little Dearborn (612) 331-2066.

Sale Schedule

Parts Inventory, Part IV, November 29, 2016. Beginning at 1:30pm, we will sell 1,100 lots of parts via online only auction. These parts are located in the basement of the Litle Dearborn building. You may browse and bid in the catalog at your leisure. Remember the first lot sells at 1:30pm Central on November 29, 2016.

Parts Inventory, Parts V to end, will be scheduled and updated on this page. Expect a minimum of seven total events just for parts.

Removal. BRING YOUR OWN BOXES. There is limited parking available in the paved lot behind Little Dearborn building (2424 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414), and street parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Street parking is limited to one hour. A loading dock is available on the street, but will have limited access. You will need to bring your own tools and/or extra help to remove larger items. All removal will be through the front and side door of the building, and the loading dock. Because of the limited space, removals will need to be scheduled with our office.
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #5
SteveB31

Grafeauction.com. Bought a lot of good stuff at awesome prices.
SteveB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
Andy69

Hi guys. I haven't been around much lately. I don't think I've logged in in over a year. My day job has kept me busy and out of town.

Well, three weeks ago my employment with my day job ended. It should have ended 2 years ago, but that's another story.

I'm now selling parts full time.

I just got back from Minneapolis with a pickup and 16 foot trailer full of parts from Little Dearborn. That's in addition to the one two weeks ago, and then one stall of a two car garage at my dad's place in southern MN that I have yet to get. The last auction round, for example, I thought I was bidding on the 24 piston ring sets I saw in the picture, which in reality turned out to be 96 piston ring sets are there were 3 more rows behind on the shelf. So many many more parts than I thought. I ended up with over 100 27 gallon totes from Menard's.

The guys at LD were very helpful and friendly, helped me load and such. Even bought me lunch one day :-) I took the time to look around and talked a lot with Roger. We both love old parts :-) . There is a ton of really good stuff coming up after this next round. My garage is going to be full and I'm going to be a busy man for the next three years or so.

Still, sad to see the place close, but they are not going out of business, just moving somewhere "out west" which I took to mean western suburbs of the cities, and are going to concentrate on reproduction parts.
Andy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Andy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
Grafeauction.com. Bought a lot of good stuff at awesome prices.
I was the guy with the 196 lots :-)
Andy69 is offline   Reply With Quote