Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
daveymc29

Default Fordbarn at Sparks

I just read where someone suggested that perhaps I would take on setting up the meeting for the forum to meet in the Nugget or where ever. I have been open to meeting one on one at the repair facility but now I have asked the board about getting a room for us sometime where we might order in pizza and have an evening to ourselves. What do you think of that? Or we could find a Mountain Mikes Pizza and take it over by force. Let me know your thoughts.

Davey Mc

[email protected]
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
quickchange

Default Re: Fordbarn at Sparks

Certainly more wife friendly that a repair tent , or parking lot , Keep us updated if a change , counting down
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
SAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymc29 View Post
I just read where someone suggested that perhaps I would take on setting up the meeting for the forum to meet in the Nugget or where ever. I have been open to meeting one on one at the repair facility but now I have asked the board about getting a room for us sometime where we might order in pizza and have an evening to ourselves. What do you think of that? Or we could find a Mountain Mikes Pizza and take it over by force. Let me know your thoughts.

Davey Mc

[email protected]
Hi Dave, Yes Trudy suggested she would talk to you when we met her and Dave in Melbourne. She offered a room for a Ford Barn meeting at the Nugget and said she would discuss with you. I mentioned this in several areas where you had posted but thought you might be too busy with the repair tent to help with another meeting.
Once Trudy had the stroke the idea fell apart a bit. But a room especially for a meeting would be great.
From this far away, the idea is hard to conceive, due the apparent size of the Nugget, where there seem to be many floors of carparks and the repair area is indoors on one of them. It sounds quite unlike previous MAFCA meets where there are large outer open areas and widespread meeting rooms. I may have this all wrong in my own mind of course.
So I will go along with any idea suggested. I missed both the previous Fordbarn MAFCA get-togethers due to late buses returning from trips, lack of transport to get to venues etc.
Thanks for picking up on it.
SAJ in NZ
SAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
daveymc29

Now is someone going to get their under garments all knotted up if I take this on and make a decision or two? I'm thinking that we might find a restaurant on the premises and go there for dinner Monday or Tuesday night. If that won't work I'll opt for a restaurant off site, but close by with a room aside. I'll try to post it here and also on the wall or such in the hospitality room at the Nugget. This should be fun, but if it is inappropriate for me to be doing this speak up now. I don't want to hurt anyones pride or feelings and I'm too old to duke it out anymore.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymc29 View Post
Now is someone going to get their under garments all knotted up if I take this on and make a decision or two? I'm thinking that we might find a restaurant on the premises and go there for dinner Monday or Tuesday night. If that won't work I'll opt for a restaurant off site, but close by with a room aside. I'll try to post it here and also on the wall or such in the hospitality room at the Nugget. This should be fun, but if it is inappropriate for me to be doing this speak up now. I don't want to hurt anyones pride or feelings and I'm too old to duke it out anymore.
It needs someone to stand up and take control. Go to the top of the class for volunteering.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
quickchange

you are the man happy with anywhere, long as we all know ,
Old 06-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Jim/GA

The original proposal was to meet at the repair tent on Sunday at 4. I assumed we would quickly adjourn to another, more hospitable location, once we helped solve all the world's problems there at the repair tent.

If you want to meet at a restaurant somewhere, that's good for us. As others have said, just let us know when and where.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #8
1930artdeco

Mt. mikes is fine by me.

Mike
Old 06-05-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
SAJ

Sounds great to me too DaveyMc29. Thanks for the private message too.
SAJ in NZ!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #10
P.S.

Dave: I am the President of the club in charge of the hospitality room. How can I help?
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
Synchro909

I’m staying tuned for where and when. This sounds good.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #12
daveymc29

Okay, some tentative stuff is going on so if you will, send me an email with a number in the party you will bring. I need to get a head count to assure we have a facility that will work.

The Ace Organizer

daveymac1936@gmail is the best way to respond so please do. Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #13
Bill Cilker

Dave
I originally suggested meeting somewhere near where the cars are parked because I did not want to deal with trying to get a room. The repair tent ended up being the location because it was easy to find. What ever you do is fine with me. I think that it would be best early in the week so that we know each other during the week. I suggested Sunday for that reason and 4:00pm would give us 1 to 1-1/2 hours of meeting time before the Welcome gathering.
Victoria Association President
Bill Cilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #14
briphaeton

We just saw the New Zealand club on 680 coming into Danville. Welcome to California.
We were coming back from the Black Diamond mines with three Model A's and a 1939 ford pickup. They had a large sign saying MAFCA from New Zealand. It was a hot one.
briphaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #15
Benson

So do these guys stuff their cars in the cargo hold of a 747 or do ship by surface ship?

I know some horse people who do that with their horses when going to shows in Europe.

The lower deck of 747 is for horses.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #16
quickchange

Correction ,They are NOT the MAFCA club on New Zealand, They in fact are only one of several MAFCA chapters in NZ , The NZ Rebel A,s also a MAFCA chapter in NZ have members attending the event & possibly some members from other chapters could be coming,
Old 06-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #17
Jim/GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post
Correction ,They are NOT the MAFCA club on New Zealand, They in fact are only one of several MAFCA chapters in NZ , The NZ Rebel A,s also a MAFCA chapter in NZ have members attending the event & possibly some members from other chapters could be coming,
Excellent!

I look forward to seeing all of you all! (That's Texan for "everyone".)

My wife and I arrive on Friday night.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:25 AM   #18
SAJ

Four of us are in Placerville tonight. Called in on Dave and Trudy. Visited Lodi Iron works and had a nice meeting with the owner and his merallurgist. Not to revisit casting blocks, but just to chew the fat and see a foundry as we passed through to Placerville.
Arriving Sparks tomorrow.
SAJ in NZ
Old 06-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #19
Doug Linden

Stuart, looking forward to hooking up with you and the rest of the group. Arrive Reno around 9PM. See you soon.
Doug Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:21 AM   #20
SAJ

Hi Doug, hi Nan. We are here with Dave and Karen. Got here just before you. Had a nice evening in the bar in the foyer, bench racing Model A's and telling lies about cars!
See you soon.
SAJ in NZ