Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #35
ctaulbert

Default Re: 1932 3w build thread / “freshening up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
Yes, I read it. Still say the price was probably staggering. A Brookville would be a better choice, and I would prefer a different end for real Ford steel. Being one of only a few dissenters, can I have my own opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.conrad View Post
That's just what I did, used a Brookville body and a butchered original frame and a few other original parts. People can't tell it from a real one.
I don't want to turn this into a pissing match (though I'm getting ready to fuel it), so I'll leave it with this thought....for those who say we should've started with a Brookville 3w, I would debate that you could not build one for what an original car cost - and think about it before you refute it.....paint, interior, door handles, firewall, tack strip moldings (let's not forget that no one makes an exact steel reproduction) and all of those small pieces, not to mention all of the time invested getting those parts to fit together in a somewhat presentable manner. At the end of the day, it's a Brookville 3w, and not a Ford 3w (and that's coming from someone who owns a Brookville roadster).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ford Addict View Post
Looks fantastic from here Cory.... just how they should’ve looked the day they were made
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
Maybe it's just me but as I read the article I see nothing that would prevent this car from being put back to stock. I sold them a nice wish bone and dropped heavy axle so they would't have to use the original. The modified parts were out sourced and not the originals and if you check carefully I think ever thing is bolt on using the original holes. Yes the cry original once is correct but it can be returned back to stock if deemed so. I guess I just appreciate one mans version of what increasing the drive ability of an early Ford is. Get off it!
Thanks Gary