Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
blucar

Default Deleted-Lost topic thread

Recently there was a topic that ran for several days asking about information/suggestions for one of the regular contributors, concerning his desire to secure a EFV8 car that he could do safety modifications to for daily use by him and his 16 year old daughter.
I and others made several suggestions to "Walt", One of my suggestions to Walt was received with very good feed-back by Walt. In his response he asked the question as to how to best allow for a column gear shift for the AT trans he was considering... I responded to his question, with text and two pictures.
Looking through the Early V8 '32-53 forum today I noted that the entire topic is gone. Was the thread omitted for the forum because the subject matter was about modifications, or is it just a simple glitch in the system.?
Old 03-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Jack E/NJ

Default Re: Deleted-Lost topic thread

Yep, google picked it up "1937 to 1941 - What to buy for a daily driver". And yep, it's gone. Please notify the administrator. Jack E/NJ
Jack E/NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
zzlegend

Hum. I wonder why? Seemed like legitimate questions and answers That was Vintage Copper47.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
ford38v8

Haven't you noticed... There are more and more questions about modifying Fords lately. Ryan has been asleep at the switch.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
petehoovie

I think it was deleted because there were several pictures posted of cars that are For Sale as suggestions to the guy for his consideration to purchase....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0

Last edited by petehoovie; 03-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
A bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Haven't you noticed... There are more and more questions about modifying Fords lately.
Yep, last night I saw someone post a vote for Mustang II susp. strg. + brks. The OP agreed.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
Jack E/NJ

Yeah, buying or modifying a 37 to 41 to get a safe daily driver is much more off topic than, say, putting an Olds drivetrain in a 39. 8^) Jack E/NJ
Jack E/NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack E/NJ View Post
Yeah, buying or modifying a 37 to 41 to get a safe daily driver is much more off topic than, say, putting an Olds drivetrain in a 39. 8^) Jack E/NJ
I think that Olds thread is an anomaly, as many of us did (including me) have a Ford/Olds when we were young and dumb. Two reasons, I believe, why the BARN is, and continues to be so popular: No hot rods, and we are civil to each other. That the hot rodders can't police their own Forum is not reason to take over our Forum. Don't take that as a slam against hot rodders, it's just too easy to lose control of a Forum.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
I think that Olds thread is an anomaly, as many of us did (including me) have a Ford/Olds when we were young and dumb. Two reasons, I believe, why the BARN is, and continues to be so popular: No hot rods, and we are civil to each other. That the hot rodders can't police their own Forum is not reason to take over our Forum. Don't take that as a slam against hot rodders, it's just too easy to lose control of a Forum.
Might be a difference in the use of terms here, I believe a large number of regular posters on the Barn would consider themselves Hot Rodders. Your using the term like I would use Street Rodders. To many Hot Rod relates to flathead era modifications, such as dual or triple carbs, aluminum heads, dual exhaust, cam swap, that sort of thing on the engine side. And brake upgrades, a 37 steering box in a 36, F1 steering in a 33/34, dropped axles, these type of "upgrades". Then it gets hardcore and the fenders come off!!!

Run all the Hot Rodders off and the Barn would thin down considerably!!

Last edited by JSeery; 03-02-2018 at 04:24 PM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #10
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Might be a difference in the use of terms here, I believe a large number of regular posters on the Barn would consider themselves Hot Rodders. Your using the term like I would use Street Rodders. To many Hot Rod relates to flathead era modifications, such as dual or triple carbs, aluminum heads, dual exhaust, cam swap, that sort of thing on the engine side. And brake upgrades, a 37 steering box in a 36, F1 steering in a 33/34, dropped axles, these type of "upgrades". Then it gets hardcore and the fenders come off!!!
Yes, I see the distinction and agree! However, I used the term as Ryan had intended in the listing of Forums! Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Forum Jump > Hot Rods & Customs, it will take you to the H.A.M.B.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #11
Vintage Copper 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
Hum. I wonder why? Seemed like legitimate questions and answers That was Vintage Copper47.
Yes Mark.. I was asking for advice.. Navigating the HAMB is for street rodders.. If my thread was removed, Oh well.. I got the info I needed.. Some of the mods would be way out of my price range..
One other thing, if the thread was pulled because the links to cars for sale.. I understand.. but to pull the thread because someone recommended an auto trans, upgraded front or rear end.. seems hypocritical.. there are plenty on the barn that add electronic ignitions, disc brakes, modified engines, etc..

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

"Old enough for the experience & too young to know better"

Last edited by Vintage Copper 47; 03-03-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Vintage Copper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #12
Vintage Copper 47

Quote:
Yes, I see the distinction and agree! However, I used the term as Ryan had intended in the listing of Forums! Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Forum Jump > Hot Rods & Customs, it will take you to the H.A.M.B.
The HAMB is not about flatheads.. in my opinion.. Everything on the HAMB is about red flames, monster pipes, tilt steering wheels, SBCs, and velour bucket seats! Sorry, no disrespect intended.. But those kinds of cars are not what I am about..

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

Old 03-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Been on the HAMB longer than on the Barn. Think you will find the same distinction I used over there with a lot of folks as well. You will see a lot of Barn folks are on both forums.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #14
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Copper 47 View Post
The HAMB is not about flatheads.. in my opinion.. Everything on the HAMB is about red flames, monster pipes, tilt steering wheels, SBCs, and velour bucket seats! Sorry, no disrespect intended.. But those kinds of cars are not what I am about..
Whew....just about everything you listed above IS NOT what the H.A.M.B. is all about. The H.A.M.B. is about the "traditional hot rod" world, before 1965. The term "street rod" ain't cool over there, either! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #15
Vintage Copper 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Whew....just about everything you listed above IS NOT what the H.A.M.B. is all about. The H.A.M.B. is about the "traditional hot rod" world, before 1965. The term "street rod" ain't cool over there, either! DD
I looked at the custom pages over there.. All I see are slammed, chopped, bright orange & purple cars.. But to each its own.. or live and let live..

I go for cars that are only slightly modified for safety & comfort.. everything else.. stock.. especially the outside.. I would never put a chevy engine in a ford..

I like Henry's attitude.. "they can have a car in any color they want.. black"

Old 03-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #16
Angledrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Totally agree
Angledrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #17
Ronnieroadster

Oh no The Hot Rodders are going to ruin everything LOL
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:31 PM   #18
cas3

damn kids!
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #19
texas webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Copper 47 View Post
I think you may be confusing the HAMB with hotrodders.com.HAMB is not a streetrod site.
texas webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #20
Tinker

I've been on the hamb since like 99-01 or so. Some amazingly knowledgeable flathead guys over there. Check the traditional hotrod section maybe once a week, some good builds sometimes.

Moved over here back when Shelly ran it, because I'm more interested in the original aspect of these fords (and I received answers there like, "you should ask that on the barn"). I guess their gain is your guys loss. .

Is hoppin' a flathead here bad...nope.

I'm not apposed to the occasional culling.

Last edited by Tinker; 03-02-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote