Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
Flathead man2

Default Re: I seen something truly amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
JD, a rat rod is by definition a ratty piece of junk held together with wood screws, coat hangers, broomsticks, iron rebar, grandma's rocking chair, an engine that still runs, and four mismatched tires. A rat rod gets attention at the thursday nite diner from guys wondering how many large parts fell off on the drive to get where it sits.
I said rat rod but I usually think of a roadster I didnt mean to use rot rod I ment vintage 32 roadster, But I'm saving up starting with what little I have now and gonna make a detailed list.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
Flathead man2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
You have to come back down to earth re: your dream build. With the components you are talking about you will have close to $100K in your car. Earning 50K a year isn't enough after the government takes out taxes and you take out living expenses. And with inflation, "saving up" is really difficult. Buy a car you can afford and work on that. It will be realistic and a great learning experience.
I got a 96 ranger 4wd Im gonna fix it up for a daily driver.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
Flathead man2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
Yea i think hed be better off on the "HAMB' side of this website. ken ct. not only my opinion. ken ct.
Id have to register on that but I dont mind.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Scott H in Wheaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead man2 View Post
Id have to register on that but I dont mind.
You are holding up pretty well on this site considering some of the guys have been kinda hard on your ideas. I guess sometimes folks forget about what it was like to start on their first project many many years ago.

Lots of good advice to be had here for building a stock Ford, the way Henry Ford built them (like Henry Built), and also a TON of great advice on building a modified 'hot rod' on the other site The HAMB. But be warned, many of them can be BRUTAL in their comments towards beginners. Go slow over there, try not to do so many posts but rather keep a lot of your questions about the same car on a single post. You will appear less frantic that way. Keep your dream alive and eventually it will come true...for many guys that might be when they are in their 30's or 40's and after they married and have kids, but if you have the dream you WILL get there.
Scott H in Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #45
Flathead man2

Im gettin the feelin I been a bit of a bug, I'm respectfully going to hush. I'm autistic and have ADHD I dont know when to hush sometimes, I get on something and I can't pick up the ends of sentances for my turn to talk, but I got along. I think I'm gonna log off for a bit. I'm gonna do some soul searchin what some of the guys said has got me thinking what have I done wrong. Thanks for the positive encouragment, I'm gonna keep takin care of my grandparents and work on the ranger in my spare time. God Bless guys.

Last edited by Flathead man2; 04-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Flathead man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #46
Flathead man2

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H in Wheaton View Post
You are holding up pretty well on this site considering some of the guys have been kinda hard on your ideas. I guess sometimes folks forget about what it was like to start on their first project many many years ago.

Lots of good advice to be had here for building a stock Ford, the way Henry Ford built them (like Henry Built), and also a TON of great advice on building a modified 'hot rod' on the other site The HAMB. But be warned, many of them can be BRUTAL in their comments towards beginners. Go slow over there, try not to do so many posts but rather keep a lot of your questions about the same car on a single post. You will appear less frantic that way. Keep your dream alive and eventually it will come true...for many guys that might be when they are in their 30's or 40's and after they married and have kids, but if you have the dream you WILL get there.
Thank ya so much sir. I'm a good guy but I can take so much before I just lose it and brake down.

Last edited by Flathead man2; 04-03-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #47
ken ct
BANNED

JD,we have a late model site on here,maybe there may be more appropiate for your Ranger truck,i dont know how new they go in year but may be of some help with some of your questions,just be a little cool about it and slow down some. Good luck with your project. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #48
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post
I do and I hope I'm right or forgive me. About $13.00. It is a model car photo shot at ground level. The lack of shadow underneath and shine on the tires gives it away.

Lonnie
I hate to see anybody leave FordBarn.

I wasn't callin' that kid out about that car on the avatar. I was responding to the post where a member suggested that it was a scale model car and not real. And I don't recall not one post where JD said that it was his car, as one member was kind of suggesting.

JD should stick around, but as has been suggested his quest is much more suited for H.A.M.B.

TM
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #49
Binx

Nice save Tony. Your right. I called him on it after at least a couple members inferred it was his and he didn't offer clarification. Re-read and you'll see them.

Lonnie
Binx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #50
dumb person

Some guy never thought he would use fuel injection but he said it idled nicer. i am a carb' person myself

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #51
46flathead

HEY FLATHEADMAN, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYE AND THINK OF YOU DREAMS, and don't let any body put you down, just slow down and enjoy the ride, but most of all ask questions and most will answer ,but first think before you type and the best of everything good for you.
Roger
46flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #52
Flathead man2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
JD,we have a late model site on here,maybe there may be more appropiate for your Ranger truck,i dont know how new they go in year but may be of some help with some of your questions,just be a little cool about it and slow down some. Good luck with your project. ken ct.
Ya mean on the HAMB I went over there and I was confused by the layout of the site. I couldnt find the section ya talk about your project.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
TonyM

Here is the forum you start out at HAMB. Introduce yourself. You want to post on the Hokey Ass Message Board. Good Luck.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #54
bart78

Build what ever you want. You will find a ton of info on here and the hamb. Both very good sites. I don't know what kind of money you have to spend. But 32's are a differant ball park. To do one right and I mean a good steel car. You are going to spend a shit load of money. If it were me. I would go with a 30 or 31 roadster. And put it on 32 rails. One of the best things I think can be done to a model a roadster. If you are after a hot rod. People that don't know won't know the differance. I think most would be willing to guide you in the right direction.
bart78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #55
Flathead man2

To clear up the confusion I'm not leavin I'm just takin a break and takin care of my grandparents, but I know what they were sayin. See I was always sheltered by my grandparents, I didnt harldy ever get out and see anything the only time I ever did was when I went on trips with my church group. But I've got stronger over the years, and tougher skin. First thing first grandparents, then ranger and workin for my boss, at the gas company, he let me go three years ago because of the economy. But I'm gonna focus on that, and still pop in ever once and a while but I'm not leavin. Tony, 46flathead, scott h thanks guys. I prayerd about it last night and I'm stickin around but not as much since my grandparents are sick. JD.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #56
Flathead man2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart78 View Post
Build what ever you want. You will find a ton of info on here and the hamb. Both very good sites. I don't know what kind of money you have to spend. But 32's are a differant ball park. To do one right and I mean a good steel car. You are going to spend a shit load of money. If it were me. I would go with a 30 or 31 roadster. And put it on 32 rails. One of the best things I think can be done to a model a roadster. If you are after a hot rod. People that don't know won't know the differance. I think most would be willing to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks but I'm gonna put it on hold till my grandparents are well, and I link up with my boss, see he let me go cause of the economy.

Last edited by Flathead man2; 04-04-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #57
Flathead man2

I'm logged on the hamb and figured it out, it's SWEET. I'm gonna make the direction of the 32 a rat rod after all. But just lettin ya guys know I'm takin it slow and introduced myself and leaving it at that for now.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #58
V8COOPMAN

Sincere words of advice...Under no circumstances should you use the term "RAT ROD" on the HAMB! You will NOT enjoy the result of that faux pas. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #59
Flathead man2

I seen that I goofed but I fixed it before anybody posted. I'm all good now.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #60
bart78

I would not use the r word. And keep it all traditional.
bart78 is offline   Reply With Quote