Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #41
Vic Piano

Default Re: 2012 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dates

I just got my Billetproof conformation and have some additional information for everyone. As you know, the "Barner's Bash" will be touring the NPD auto collection on Friday, March 16th at 2:00pm. That evening we will be attending the Billetproof pre-party at the No-Where Bar. The bar is located at: 8970 SW 27th Ave. in Ocala. The phone # is: 352-237-7970.
We still could use some raffle prizes and would appreciate donations. If you would like to donate parts or services please PM or email me at: [email protected]. Thanks for your help. Vic
Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #42
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, I'm going to bring something for the raffle. Once I figure out what to bring, I will let you know. I just need to figure out a few items that everyone or anyone would like to win. Last year was easy with that blue ceramic ('48-'51?) PU truck awards dinner center piece from the '10 National Meet in Charlotte and a '35 75th anniversary gear shift knob, but I'm scratching my head a little for this year I also received my Billetproof confirmation. I'm sure glad they moved that back in Ocala.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #43
Vic Piano

John, I think your '35 five window would make an excellent raffle prize... LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #44
TomT/Williamsburg

Well, I finally got the clutch issues sorted out in my 40 coupe with the help of some of my buds up here in da 'Burg - very similar to Saturdays at Vic's place except we're working in a pole barn, dirt floors, no heat (save for the kero bullet heater) and plenty of mud outside with all of the rain we've been having. We don't do pizza afterwards though - we get Pierce's BBQ instead. Either way, it's tradition, right?!

Anyway, with my buddy Earl riding shotgun, we'll be down sometime on Thursday, staying at the Days Inn Ocala w/JM 35 and Henry Harrock for the 2 nights, then in Westley Chapel for Sat night with y'all, leaving for home and points north after the picnic on Sunday. I actually cancelled my previous B&B reservations as the 40 clutch issues were not going well at all there for awhile. But it all worked out for the best as now we'll be hitting all the events which is great and we'll be staying with other 'Barner's as well.

For the Friday NPD tour is @ 2PM, right? Any meet up for lunch beforehand right around the tour spot?

See you guys on Friday for the NPD tour! Just in case anyone would like to join up on the ride down, we'll be taking Rt 95 up until the Rt 200 exit just north of Jacksonville where we'll head west to pick up Rt 301 south for the ride into Ocala. I've got Vic's and JM 35's cell numbers programmed into my phone just in case. My cell is 757-817-7517.

Looking forward to the weekend ....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
Vic Piano

Tom, that's excellent news, looking forward to seeing you. I'm not sure about "lunch" on Friday, as it stands right now, Don ('37 LowBoy) and I ('53 F-100 Panel) will be meeting Steve in his '55 F-100 at I75 & SR54 at 10:00am and we'll drive up to meet Mike ('41 Business Coupe) at SR50. We might get to Ocala in time to meet for lunch. Give me a call when you get to Ocala.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #46
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
John, I think your '35 five window would make an excellent raffle prize... LOL
Vic, now why didn't I think of that?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #47
Vic Piano

Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #48
Vic Piano

Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #49
Vic Piano

Just one week away from the 2012 Florida "Barner's Bash". Flatheads, friends and fun in the warm Florida sun. Hope you can make it.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #50
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, for some reason I liked the picture of that lady calling Betty slightly better than that spark plug firing I'm just about ready to leave here and head south. It has bin a lot more things to remember to do and pack this time then on previous trips to the Bash. I'm still trying to think of a door prize or two to bring down. The coupe is not running right now so that idea is out .

Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #51
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Vic, for some reason I liked the picture of that lady calling Betty slightly better than that spark plug firing I'm just about ready to leave here and head south. It has bin a lot more things to remember to do and pack this time then on previous trips to the Bash. I'm still trying to think of a door prize or two to bring down. The coupe is not running right now so that idea is out .

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #52
KiWinUS

I think JM is stopping by on his way south , if so I will find a door prize to help make the event a lil more fun !
Cheers
tony
KiWinUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #53
BILL WZOREK

KiWinUS
Let me say thanks it's people like you that make this hobby great.
When you see John ask him if he is really donating the 35
< at least that is what I heard >
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
I think JM is stopping by on his way south , if so I will find a door prize to help make the event a lil more fun !
Cheers
tony
Yes, Tony I will be stopping probably to spend a night in Charlotte to deliver your parts, visit with Dennis Carpenter and possibly Paul Bradley. Will deliver your donation to Vic for a Barner's Bash door prize. I'll be calling you soon. JM

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #55
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WZOREK View Post
KiWinUS
Let me say thanks it's people like you that make this hobby great.
When you see John ask him if he is really donating the 35
< at least that is what I heard >

Hi Bill...I am still 'prize-less' ...but I'll think of something. It was suggested that I donate my 5w coupe, but heck...that's in the shop right now awaiting some major upgrading. Who would even want to win a prize in that condition The fordor is running super smooth right now and is loaded on the trailer for her journey south. Now the fordor still has a broken window on the drivers side front door that happened on the BPW Tour last October. It looks like a bullet hole from a shot fired at the driver So who would want to win that one either? See you there

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #56
VeryTangled

I'm starting to get a little fired up now. I'll be flying into Orlando on Thursday at 9, then it's Flathead Fun for four days! Henry and the '36 Phaeton are already in Ocala! I can't wait to see the Museums, Don Garlits was a childhood hero. I guess we're staying at the Days In with JM35 and TomT.

-VeryTantled/Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0043-1.jpg (59.3 KB, 5 views)
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #57
JM 35 Sedan

Hi Jeff, I called Henry (aka Reds) yesterday. He is attending some kind of Muscle Car show in Ocala today. I think he said it's called the 'Pumpkin Run'. Sounds like that show should have been held in October to me . He said he would be ready and raring to go next Friday for the start of the Barner's Bash and then for the Billetproof Show on Saturday. I am about two hours away from Concord / Charlotte, NC right now. Had to make a pit stop for a cup of coffee and a tank of gas @ $3.75/gal. I'm getting fired up myself...like that picture of a spark plug that Vic put up the other day... LOL

Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #58
Grandadeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT/Williamsburg View Post
Well, I finally got the clutch issues sorted out in my 40 coupe with the help of some of my buds up here in da 'Burg - very similar to Saturdays at Vic's place except we're working in a pole barn, dirt floors, no heat (save for the kero bullet heater) and plenty of mud outside with all of the rain we've been having. We don't do pizza afterwards though - we get Pierce's BBQ instead. Either way, it's tradition, right?!

Anyway, with my buddy Earl riding shotgun, we'll be down sometime on Thursday, staying at the Days Inn Ocala w/JM 35 and Henry Harrock for the 2 nights, then in Westley Chapel for Sat night with y'all, leaving for home and points north after the picnic on Sunday. I actually cancelled my previous B&B reservations as the 40 clutch issues were not going well at all there for awhile. But it all worked out for the best as now we'll be hitting all the events which is great and we'll be staying with other 'Barner's as well.

For the Friday NPD tour is @ 2PM, right? Any meet up for lunch beforehand right around the tour spot?

See you guys on Friday for the NPD tour! Just in case anyone would like to join up on the ride down, we'll be taking Rt 95 up until the Rt 200 exit just north of Jacksonville where we'll head west to pick up Rt 301 south for the ride into Ocala. I've got Vic's and JM 35's cell numbers programmed into my phone just in case. My cell is 757-817-7517.

Looking forward to the weekend ....
Tom, I've got a couple things to sort out on the Rock Chip Special before we head north Friday morning but plan to hook up for the tour. Staying at the Sleep Inn next to Garlits. Any chance of getting Al to follow you down? See ya Friday. Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #59
KiWinUS

Jm , just left my place & is on his way down . We had a great visit & b/s session , traded some parts & all is good .
Sent some door prizes with him . Have fun guys !!!
He has the 35 title signed off ready for the new owner ... LOL
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #60
Grandadeo

Funny how quickly plans can change. Now if I make it at all it will just be Saturday at Garlits.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote