Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #81
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck
Default Re: EFV8 Club 2016 ENM - Gettysburg - August 8-11, 2016

Yesterday My wife and I drove to Charlie in N.Y. to get my transmission for my 40. We left home at 6 AM and got home at 4 PM. 560 miles. Now to get it back in the car. Maybe tomorrow if things go OK. I look forward in going to Gettysburg as always. Charlie took me a ride in his 40 pickup and what a ride. That truck does not half to take a back seat to any flathead. Charlie got to meet my Cattle dog Katie. Alice and Charlie are special people. It been a pleasure to know them.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #82
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, I am finishing up the planning and directions for the Thursday Museum Tours. I pre-ran the routes on Friday. We're going to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (www.emmr.org) and J's Car & Truck Museum (www.jcristmuseum.org), a round trip of about 75 miles. The tour goes about a mile on Studebaker Ln, which is a twisty fun backroad!

I can't hardly wait for August 8th! Will be arriving on August 6th, hopefully with two cars.

Come join us for a great week of activities and Flathead Fun. "Come back for some fun, with the Ford Forty-One!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (78.5 KB, 25 views)

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 07-24-2016 at 10:23 AM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #83
LBs 37V8

Thanks once again for your trip planning efforts, Jeff. Lookin forward to it. Twisties in a stake pickup, what could go wrong
LBs 37V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #84
VeryTangled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBs 37V8 View Post
Twisties in a stake pickup, what could go wrong
Hi Everyone, Bryan, we've planned a short-cut that goes around the twisty section just for fellas like you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (53.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (98.3 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by VeryTangled; 07-24-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #85
Pomeroy41144

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsanders View Post
Sorry Cecil,just given my 2 cents,seems like in the past people are afraid to speak their mind.I know why u do it u explained that many times just tired of biting my tongue and reading the negative vibes.

I hear ya GlennSanders. Sick of the whiner too. The same guy constantly complains about the Early Ford V-8 Club of America National Meets every time the subject comes up. I see he has been called out twice on this thread.

Last edited by Pomeroy41144; 07-24-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Pomeroy41144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #86
LBs 37V8

I'm game, Jeff. I get twisties driving down a straight road...
LBs 37V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #87
petehoovie

This from ken ct. over on the EFV8 Forum:

Discussion Topic: 49-51 Merc carb cores FREE

"Anybody going to Gettysburg coming up that can use some carb cores to rebuild or for parts can have them FREE there I will bring as many as I can fit in a milk crate . Milk crate NOT included I need it. Please call me to confirm you will pick up Ken ct 1-203-260-5945 cell."

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #88
glennsanders

Thanks Ken , you always been there for us.Keep up your efforts .They are recognized by some of us.
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #89
VeryTangled

Good Morning Everyone, Here's what weather.gov is saying about next week...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture11.jpg (25.0 KB, 35 views)

Old 08-05-2016, 06:51 AM   #90
stangblue

Wednesday looks good, yeah! . But we will take the rest of the week as well. Thanks for the report.

Last edited by stangblue; 08-05-2016 at 06:57 AM.
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #91
VeryTangled

Hi again, and because it's the weather, it's changed less than 12 hours later! At least they're not predicting a heat wave!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture12.jpg (41.5 KB, 34 views)

Old 08-06-2016, 02:27 AM   #92
Brad in Germany

....wondering if a non-member would be able to get a swap meet space for one day?

I'm a Model A guy and seem to have accumulated quite a bit of pre-WWII foreign Ford owner's manuals, era advertisements, era foreign Ford magazines ("Revista Ford", "Ford Im Bild", "Revue Ford", etc), etc and it seems like this meet would be a great venue to get this stuff into the hands of the folks who could appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brad in Maryland
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:19 AM   #93
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad in Germany View Post
....wondering if a non-member would be able to get a swap meet space for one day?

I'm a Model A guy and seem to have accumulated quite a bit of pre-WWII foreign Ford owner's manuals, era advertisements, era foreign Ford magazines ("Revista Ford", "Ford Im Bild", "Revue Ford", etc), etc and it seems like this meet would be a great venue to get this stuff into the hands of the folks who could appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brad in Maryland
Brad, I just sent you an email on this. I am also hoping that one of our organizers will respond to you on your request.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #94
VeryTangled

Hi Brad, I'm not the meet Chairman so I don't have a final word on the subject, but to get your own swap space you'd have to be registered for the meet. To be registered for the meet, you'd need to be a V-8 Club member or have a member add you to their registration.

I'd encourage you to come on up, and see what develops. It sounds like you have some neat stuff and I'm certain you'd enjoy the day. Look me up when you get there.

Maybe you can make an arrangement with someone that has a space, to display your wares? Know that the swaps are most active on the first couple of days, that would be Monday and Tuesday.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #95
35fordtn

Brad, Very Tangled,

I have paid for a swap space, that I will not be using (decided to not bring parts). Could it be possible for him to use my space?
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #96
Cecil/WV

Its your space to put whatever you want on it to sell. It is registered in your name.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #97
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Brad, Very Tangled,

I have paid for a swap space, that I will not be using (decided to not bring parts). Could it be possible for him to use my space?
Michael and Jeff, here's the problem with a person who is not registered for the meet using a swap space. The V-8 Club insurance only covers those incidents that may occur at a meet involving registered participants/club members. If an unregistered participant is involved in any activity sanctioned by the club and there is an issue such as an accident, it can cause the insurance to be null and void. The V-8 Club is then "on the hook" for any lawsuit that may result from the accident. Example; If a V-8 Club member trips and falls over a part in the swap space of an unregistered participant the club can be liable for the injury and resulting lawsuit. The rule about all participants being registered for the meet and being V-8 Club members has been in effect for some time. The insurance company sets the rules and the club must follow them. Even if Michael has paid for the space there is still liability for the club. All the victim has to do is show the seller was not registered and he was selling parts that belonged to him , it still can cause the insurance company to pull back and not cover the incident. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the world is filled with sue happy lawyers and victims looking for easy money. Insurance companies are also looking for ways not to pay a claim.
Tom Johnston

Last edited by TJ; 08-06-2016 at 05:47 PM.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #98
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Michael and Jeff, here's the problem with a person who is not registered for the meet using a swap space. The V-8 Club insurance only covers those incidents that may occur at a meet involving registered participants/club members. If an unregistered participant is involved in any activity sanctioned by the club and there is an issue such as an accident, it can cause the insurance to be null and void. The V-8 Club is then "on the hook" for any lawsuit that may result from the accident. Example; If a V-8 Club member trips and falls over a part in the swap space of an unregistered participant the club can be liable for the injury and resulting lawsuit. The rule about all participants being registered for the meet and being V-8 Club members has been in effect for some time. The insurance company sets the rules and the club must follow them. Even if Michael has paid for the space there is still liability for the club. All the victim has to do is show the seller was not registered and he was selling parts that belonged to him , it still can cause the insurance company to pull back and not cover the incident. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the world is filled with sue happy lawyers and victims looking for easy money. Insurance companies are also looking for ways not to pay a claim.
Tom Johnston
Looks like the Early V-8 Club needs to change insurance company. I know there other swap meet that run by other clubs that does not care if you belong to there organization or not. What about your local flee markets?

More vender you have better the show.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 08-08-2016 at 01:45 PM.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #99
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, So far I'm having a great time at the meet! I'm seeing a lot of my friends that I miss when I'm not at one of these meets.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #100
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
Looks like the Early V-8 Club needs to change insurance company. I know there other swap meet that run by other clubs that does not care if you belong to there organization or not. What about your local flee markets?

More vender you have better the show.
Sorry to pop your bubble Willie, but other swap meets are totally different than a swap meet at an Early Ford V-8 Club National Meet. The swap meet at a national meet is part of the meet and the insurance covers the entire meet. Other swap meets also have to have insurance, but the company who insures those swap meets may have different regulations. example; some swap meets don't allow the riding of bicycles or use of golf carts on the grounds. It all depends on the insurance company. They set the rules. If people don't like the rules I guess they don't get to play in the game.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote