Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #21
VeryTangled

Default Re: EFV8 Club 2016 ENM - Gettysburg - August 8-11, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC View Post
If your not a member and want to attend can you?
Hi Everyone, To add to what TJ said. The big show, the concourse, is on Wednesday August 10 from 9A to 3P at the Wyndam Gettysburg.

Everyone is encouraged to come see the cars in their clean and shiny!

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #22
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC View Post
TJ I was a member when I had my 36, there were no activities near me at the time. Thanks though, for the information.
Jon, when you were a member did you join a regional group? The New York RG's are pretty active and have tours etc.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #23
JonC

I think Rochester was the closest and that is 3 hours away with a new car kinda far for a breakfast meeting. My fault for living in the sticks. Maybe there are closer clubs now.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #24
jacob smith

Talking Re: EFV8 Club 2016 ENM - Gettysburg - August 8-11, 2016

I am in the hawk mountain v8 club. We are located in the reading area. I am looking forward to the show but I will not be able to go to the weekday part of the show. Have to work sometime
Old 03-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #25
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, We got an update. There are over 110 registrations, and over 250 people attending.

A great time is going to be had!

Old 03-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #26
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob smith View Post
I am in the hawk mountain v8 club. We are located in the reading area. I am looking forward to the show but I will not be able to go to the weekday part of the show. Have to work sometime
They always have the show during week. Works great for them. sad.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-17-2016 at 04:09 PM.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #27
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, Without trying to get into a tussle with anyone, I'll remind y'all that even though the first official day is Monday, there will be plenty of Flathead activity on Sunday the 7th. for folks who can't make the Monday-Thursday events. There will be plenty of cars around Friday the 12th, for that matter.

The Concours on Wednesday will be open to the public, 9am to 3pm, and I'm pretty sure the swap meet is open to the public (Mon-Thurs, 'all day').

If you're in the area, a drive through the Wyndham parking lot is a treat for the eyes. Stop by and chat a while!

Old 03-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #28
JM 35 Sedan

"HOTROD_WILLIE...They always have the show during week. Works great for them. sad"

This is starting to sound like your "yearly routine broken recording post" for any Early Ford V-8 Club of America Meets that are ever announced here.
Based on your previous "Internet Troll" like posts in the past on these events, both here on Fordbarn, and also the harrasing type posts you have made in the past on the EFV-8C/A website, I doubt if you would even consider attending any of these meets, regardless of which days of the week they are scheduled to be held on.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-18-2016 at 08:25 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #29
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone,

We're gonna have a great time. Just remember August can be hot around here, but the hotels will always be just a few steps away, even closer than last time because of the re-working of the parking.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #30
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
"HOTROD_WILLIE...They always have the show during week. Works great for them. sad"

This is starting to sound like your yearly routine "broken recording post" for any Early Ford V-8 Club of America Meets that are ever announced here.
Based on your previous "Troll" like posts in the past on these events, I doubt if you would even consider attending any of these meets regardless of which days of the week they are scheduled to be held on.
John. I was responding to one early v8 member Mr. Smith why the show is held during the week. Being you are early V8 member can you respond to the Mr Smith quote. Instead of calling people names. If you keep calling FB member names you might end up like your friend. I would hate to see that happen to you. Have nice day.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-30-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #31
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob smith View Post
John here is Jacob Smith quote.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone,

We're gonna have a great time. Just remember August can be hot around here, but the hotels will always be just a few steps away, even closer than last time because of the re-working of the parking.
Jeff, I have to agree with you, as good as the last meet in 2014 at Gettysburg turned out to be, the plans for the 2016 Eastern National Meet look even better. The Concourse and Flea Market areas will be setup directly behind the host hotel. Just a short walk out the back of the hotel and you will be right there, in amongst a group of the nicest early Ford V-8's that you would ever expect to see in one location. There will be more trailer parking available and it will be just a short walk from there to the host hotel lobby. There will also be security provided to keep watch in the trailer parking and other parking areas. The tours sound really exciting to me, especially the one going to Antietam Battle Field and also to see a private collection of cars and their restoration shop. There is also a tour scheduled to the Strasburg, Pa., Train Station and Museum, located in Lancaster County right in the heart of beautiful Amish Country. There is some great entertainment planned for both the Welcome Party and the Ice Cream Social Party.
For anyone who plans to attend and have not yet made hotel reservations, you should get moving on this quickly before the lower price negotiated rooms are all taken.
I know I am looking forward to this one, meeting up with old friends, and making new friends.
Come on down, over, up, or around to the '16 Gettysburg ENM...... this is going to be another good one for sure!!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-18-2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: changed Strasbourg to Strasburg ☺
Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #33
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Jeff, I have to agree with you, as good as the last meet in 2014 at Gettysburg turned out to be, the plans for the 2016 Eastern National Meet look even better. The Concourse and Flea Market areas will be setup directly behind the host hotel. Just a short walk out the back of the hotel and you will be right there, in amongst a group of the nicest early Ford V-8's that you would ever expect to see There will be more trailer parking available and just a short walk to the host hotel lobby. There will also be security provided to keep watch in the trailer parking area. The tours sound really exciting to me, especially the one going to Antietam Battle Field and also to see a private collection of cars and their restoration shop. There is also a tour scheduled to the Strasbourg, Pa Train Station and Museum, located in Lancaster County right in the heart of beautiful Amish Country. There is some great entertainment planned for both the Welcome Party and the Ice Cream Social Party.
For anyone who plans to attend and have not yet made hotel reservations, you should get moving on this quickly.
I know I am looking forward to this one, meeting up with friends, and making new friends.
Come on down, over, or up, this is going to be another good one for sure!!
John please answer Jacob Smith question. He would like eat ice cream to. He has to work. Are you using club money to buy the ice cream? What about all the Jacob that has to work that can not make to ice cream social? Those members should have chance to eat ice cream. Is ice cream social just for the retire members? Jacob is early v8 ford member. If you had ice cream social on the weekend all the members can go. When you work it is hard to get off during week.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-18-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #34
jim1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone,

Not to mention the Brew Pub right between the hotels... ate there recently, good stuff.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #35
Cecil/WV

Please be aware that the availability and cost of the hotel always has a bearing on the dates of a meet!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #36
jim1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil/WV View Post
Please be aware that the availability and cost of the hotel always has a bearing on the dates of a meet!
Cecil, The conflict is always between retired fixed income and working people with more disposable income. If I took 3 days for the ENM and another 3 for Hershey... the wife would not be a happy camper with what was left........
Old 03-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #37
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post
Cecil, The conflict is always between retired fixed income and working people with more disposable income. If I took 3 days for the ENM and another 3 for Hershey... the wife would not be a happy camper with what was left........
There are always difficult/tough choices that must be made along the way in what has to be done vs. what we would like to be doing. When I had to work for a living I had to make those difficult decisions one way or the other depending on priorities and other considerations. If I wanted to go to an Early Ford V-8 meet, vs. Hershey, vs doing several other hobbies or interests, I just had to make up my mind on what was most important to me, and other members in my immediate family. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....there always has been and always will be these decisions that require a lot of different considerations regardless of which day or days of the week that these events, or whatever interests there are that wants of our time, actually fall on.

There will always be whining "willies" that complain about something, or just about anything actually, when it comes to attending organized functions such as this meet.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-20-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:43 AM   #38
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
There are always difficult/tough choices that must be made along the way in what has to be done vs. what we would like to be doing. When I had to work for a living I had to make those difficult decisions one way or the other depending on priorities and other considerations. If I wanted to go to an Early Ford V-8 meet, vs. Hershey, vs doing several other hobbies or interests, I just had to make up my mind on what was most important to me, and other members in my immediate family. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....there always has been and always will be these decisions that require a lot of different considerations regardless of which day or days of the week that these events, or whatever interests there are that wants of our time, actually fall on.

There will always be whining "willies" that complain about something, or just about anything actually, when it comes to attending organized functions such as this meet.
[QUOTE=jacob smith;1214878]I am in the hawk mountain v8 club. We are located in the reading area. I am looking forward to the show but I will not be able to go to the weekday part of the show. Have to work sometime[/QUOTE

John name calling is cheap and uncalled for. You have called me internet Troll and now you calling me whining Willie. Do you have name Mr. Jacob Smith? He is one of your club members. I don't believe I have ever lower myself in calling you any names. Can you stand on opinions without name calling. I feel in this world to much name calling. John we are not on the play ground anymore.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #39
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil/WV View Post
Cecil, another big consideration for scheduling these meets to begin on say Monday, or maybe end on a Friday, is that this will allow travel time to, or from, the meet on a weekend. Overall, this may mean less time has to be taken off for those who are not retired and still working.

Get signed up for this ladies and gentlemen, this is going to be another great Early Ford V-8 Club Meet that you and your family will want to attend!

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-21-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #40
1942deluxe

I live about 65 miles north and am still working. Would like to take a day off and go one day. Which day do you guys think would be the best one to attend?
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote