Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #21
FrankWest

Default Re: Howell's Sheeeet Metal Scam

The allFordParts in Ca. said they buy their sheet metal parts from a vendor in the midwest that produces great products.... They don't use Howell's

http://www.allfordparts.com/shop/
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #22
Ronnieroadster

Having had the displeasure of trying to use Howells patch panels on our Deuce Tudor project i made the mistake of expecting better from Tom Bay this proved wrong. What i learned was the patch panels i needed were all made by Tom Bay and Howell was just reselling the stuff to us. Its a viscous circle of poor quality parts which is only made worse not knowing that only one company is making this stuff and all the other sellers are just passing the same junk on to the unsuspecting customer. The only good thing to come out of my experience was learning we could do much better making what we needed our self.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #23
Vics Stuff

Ronnieroadster. I agree with yourfindings. With all the complaints I hear from the different suppliers. I would recommend to either make your own and learn or hire
A shop to make them. They will be more expensive but at least you will get what you want.
I live in Alaska and do not have the luxury to order panels and spend a lot in shipping to find a poor fitting
Panel.
I am by no means a expert but always wanting to learn. This is my hobby so I a willing to spend countless hours lwarning.
In the end it is a rewarding experience.
Heck , I am considering to enroll in some body forming classes.

Vic
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:16 AM   #24
mhsprecher

I bought a T trunk panel from them. Took months to arrive, but it finally did. They charged my cc at the time I ordered, probably from their web site. The panel was on sale, too, so not sure what was up with that.

I have been making a large patch panel for my T. I never could have believed that I could do it, but with the right tools and guidance we are making it. Makes me rethink buying some parts, but I know it is not easy to fabricate. You need space, the right tools and some knowledge.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote