Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #21
Keith True

Default Re: Dry Gas

I doubt the everyday person much notices the difference in the gas.For the most part I don't.A friend buys AV gas for his Yamaha,he says it makes it a new bike.I have a Yamaha 1600,I put the AV gas in and didn't notice anything.I don't even bother with high test for it.But,we're not comparing apples for apples here either.His Yamaha is a 4 carb 650 CC high-performance spoke ripper that turns up to nearly 10,000 RPM.Mine is a 1600 CC single carb twin that redlines at 4200 RPM.I think AV gas is a great idea to use for storing cars,but I never seem to get around to buying any to do it.I just put a little Stabil in,run it through the system,and shut the car off.As long as I start them again within a couple of years they are fine.They just stink a little until the old gas is burned off.I do notice a difference in old Sportsters.I have to learn how to start them all over again from the way I used to.
Keith True is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #22
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Dry Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
Thanks, 40 deluxe !!!!!!! Great info !!! I've worried about what I could do when it gets to where I can no longer get ethanol free gas . Its not likely that they will ever go back to ethanol free gas as the norm . They are making too much money with the ethanol adultrated crap gas to ever change back .
Purdy, Someone said "good" gas a buck a gallon more. On approximately $3 a gallon, that's 33% more. At 10% alky per Gallon, that's only about $.30 a gallon loss. So you get 90% of a gallon for $3 instead of 100% when all is said and done. BUT You mileage will go up! Beyond the break even point? I don't know, but it's worth a shot.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)