Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #21
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Any good aftermarket headlights ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
I have a 1930 pickup, I think it started out as a pickup who really knows. It has a wood cab and bed. Block number is from february 1930. Also has attachments for snow equipment. Front radiator i think is from a 1931. It could just be a mutt LOL!

I did install the Halogen kit to one side this morning and it fit just fine with plenty of clearance for the connector. I'm not sure the headlights are from a 1930 as this is my first Model A. I have learned a lot and I have a lot more to learn.
I learn a lot from this form and appreciate the help and advice from everyone on here. It sure makes things easier on us new guys.

Your A sounds interesting. How about posting a couple of pictures, either here or in your profile?
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:18 PM   #22
CarlG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badpuppy View Post
I like the way those units are built, but they are 12V only, and the connectors won't fit the 3-tab connectors in the Snyder's kit.

Headlight ID - 28-29: acorn shape, painted or plated steel; 30-31: hemispherical, stainless steel.
If you are referring to the little round plug shown in the first picture, that's not what plugs into your car. It's in the 3rd picture and it is the mating connector to the Snyder's kit.

If you want to retain your original set-up, Logolites has an LED bulb that replaces the original Model A bulb. And they will work on 6 or 12 volts, positive or negative ground.

http://www.logolites.com/products/le...fn7kU9gSxwYuoc
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
Badpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
If you are referring to the little round plug shown in the first picture, that's not what plugs into your car. It's in the 3rd picture and it is the mating connector to the Snyder's kit.
Thanks for clearing that up, Carl. Hard to picture everything without seeing it in-hand.
Badpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote