Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
1930pu

Default finally got my coupe back

I now have a 1930 roadster pickup and a 1937 humpback, back in 1973 my father and me built a chopped and channeled 1930 coupe with a small block chevy, in 1988 we sold the car so my brother could got to college, well today I had the chance to buy it back and I DID!!!!! Did it feel good to drive it again after all these years, all the great memories, can't wait to transfer the title so I can really drive it. Now to convince my wife what a great idea it was to get it back, me and my wife went on our first date in the coupe back i 1979
1930pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: finally got my coupe back

that coupe went full circle.
nice
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930pu View Post
I now have a 1930 roadster pickup and a 1937 humpback, back in 1973 my father and me built a chopped and channeled 1930 coupe with a small block chevy, in 1988 we sold the car so my brother could got to college, well today I had the chance to buy it back and I DID!!!!! Did it feel good to drive it again after all these years, all the great memories, can't wait to transfer the title so I can really drive it. Now to convince my wife what a great idea it was to get it back, me and my wife went on our first date in the coupe back i 1979
1930couupe,
God! I'm sure I can't imagine how THRILLED! you are! I got goose bumps just thinkin' about almost buying a very similar car in the '50's, in primer & with a healthy Flathead! The BASTARD, I went with CASH in hand, and he was just teasing about selling! He just wanted company so he could watch them DROOL Send me pics of your cars. [email protected] Bill W.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
1930pu

The crazy thing about getting the car back, it was advertised , I went by his house to see if he was around and he came around the corner with the car he said a guy was supposed to come and look at it at 2:00 it was 1:30 then so I had to make the decision on the spot, but it didn't take long about 3 minutes of dealing, what a great feeling to have it back!!!!!!!!!!!!
1930pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
glenn in camino

I too got my coupe back after I sold it and it spent 5 years in a museum. I restored it in the 70s to national first place standards. When I got it back it had the same mileage on the odometer as when I sold it. It was expensive to get it back, but worth every penny.
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
pooch

Pics of a real 70/s chopped and channeled would be great.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
ScottNW/Ohio

I'm thinking that once you get the wife back in the car, she'll come around to the idea.
Re-create the first date maybe ?
I've got a couple of cars I wish I could buy back but the new owner totaled my Z/28 about a year after I sold it
ScottNW/Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
socalplanedoc

My dad sold my '54 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe out from under me when I was 17 because he thought it used too much gas (It did but MAN that back seat!). I bought it back when I saw it advertised on Craigslist 120 miles away. It still uses too much gas but now Dad always wants to drive it.

To his defense, when he sold the car he gave me a 1964 VW Bus that used to haul the family around but was no longer needed.. little did he know that a few curtains and a big-ol foam mattess in place of the middle seat row replaced the New Yorker's back seat just fine

Now Dad is looking at my Fordor... gotta hide the keys...
socalplanedoc is offline   Reply With Quote