Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
Rascal

Default Macs - Ecklers , delays ?

Hi all, has anyone out there been experiencing delays & lack of communication from macs- Ecklers.
We have been long time buyers from Macs in previous years without delays or lack of communication from their sales team.
Some V8 Parts, a dozen smaller items amounting to $300 were ordered on line 12 days ago & we had not had any email since with confirmation that items were or were not available .
Curiosity won over in the end & we Had to phone & ask, quoting our original on line order# & it seems one small item was unavailable & no longer supplied, but all the other parts were boxed & ready , but Not sent.
So, ten days wait & not contact from them, is this to be the norm from now on , or am I behind the times a bit ?

Last edited by Rascal; 01-18-2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: >
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
Eckler's

Default Re: Macs - Ecklers , delays ?

Rascal,
Hello,
I just saw this post and if you still haven't gotten your order you could PM your order number and I will take a look at it if you'd like. Thanks.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
TagMan

I've been waiting well over a year for a part and no communication about it from MAC's. I'm waiting somewhat patiently.

Very mixed feelings about MAC's - on one hand, their shipping rates are high, especially if you buy just one or two parts. They arrive in a huge box, which of course escalates the shipping costs. Can you say "profit center" ?

On the other hand, the majority of parts I receive from them are pretty good and it's great to have them available to us. I've had a couple of parts from them that were pure crap, fit & finish-wise. I use to ask about the problems, but received little or no interest from them. I guess it's a crap shoot. Luckily, I live about an hour & a half from them, so on large orders or expensive orders, I can pick them up at their facilities and inspect the goods.
TagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
JonC

When i order from Mac's I tend to receive the parts the next day, from the post office no less. I have had a couple of things back ordered and they did take a long time to get to me, on those items I figured every one else is in the same boat, all the suppliers are waiting for the boat from China to dock. I have been very satisfied with company and their parts seem to be very good, I even have recieved Mac's parts when ordered from Drake. Sorry you are have a problem with them.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #5
Eckler's

Tagman,
Sorry to hear about the delay on your parts. We are make a conservative effort to fix these kinds of problems so in the future they will not happen again. Please let me know if you would like for me to look into the part that you are waiting for?

JocC,
Thank you for the kind words. Please let me know if I can help in any way in the future.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
big job

We haven't had problems with Macs Sniders Langs etc. however be patient sometimes
weather factors like here three day shutdown from the blizzard..
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
TagMan

Eckler's,

I think your company's interest in monitoring comments of these forums is a positive sign ! I will PM you with the part & order number.
Thanks for your interest.
-Bob
TagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #8
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckler's View Post
Tagman,
Sorry to hear about the delay on your parts. We are make a conservative effort to fix these kinds of problems so in the future they will not happen again. Please let me know if you would like for me to look into the part that you are waiting for?

JocC,
Thank you for the kind words. Please let me know if I can help in any way in the future.
I think you meant 'concentrated' . . . a conservative effort might just be a small one!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #9
swoopNZ
MEMBER EMERITUS

I think the word he is looking for is " concerted "
swoopNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:38 AM   #10
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopNZ View Post
I think the word he is looking for is " concerted "
There is some debate whether a single individual can truly make a 'concerted' effort . . . but I'll leave that up to the English Majors to hone in on!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
Eckler's

LOL sorry for the typo guys

Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
HOTROD_WILLIE

Try to order a USA made master cylinder for my 1940 Ford. Macs told me it would take 14 days, I call them today macs said 30 days, and got Email macs said it will be August. I order shackle kit for front end off my Model A ford 6 months ago and never receive the part. Before Eckler bought them I never had to wait more then week for my parts. I cancel the order.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #13
Russ/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
I think you meant 'concentrated' . . . a conservative effort might just be a small one!
actually "concerted" is the proper word
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #14
34PKUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
actually "concerted" is the proper word
Wonder if the original poster has been eagerly waiting for your reply to his two year old post.
34PKUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #15
kehughes

Around 7 weeks ago, I ordered front to center and center to rear pre-bent brake lines for my 39 pickup. They would be shipped straight from manufacturer 3- 7 business days. I waited 3 weeks. They never came and no communication. I called them to ask about them. Come to find out, the manufacturer did not even make the front to center pieces, only the center to rear piece. So, they are advertising for sale an item that their manufacturer doesn't even make..!?? I cancelled the order as everyone one else only sells a complete kit of brake lines. 1/2 of a set did me no good. That was around 3 weeks ago. They just refunded my money 2 days ago.

I ended up ordering a set from classic tube, but the fiasco cost me nearly a month..
kehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #16
grumppyoldman

Yes they are getting kinda sloppy with their parts orders and service reps. Al
grumppyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
Daryl Middlebrook

I once bought ton's of parts from Macs for my various restorations. Then came Ecklers.----------Shipping delays. Lack of communication. High freight charges. Higher parts prices. Delays or refusal to issue refunds.-----Not like the old days. I GAVE UP.

Y'all would be well advised to consider alternatives.
Daryl Middlebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #18
30-9

I also removed Macs from my list. High shipping, surprise back orders, poor customer support. I now deal mostly with either Carpenter's (up front flat shipping rates) or Drake.

I normally don't get negative here but if anyone can benefit from my past experince the there is a positive result.

Last edited by 30-9; 05-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.
30-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #19
paul2748

Ecklers also bought out Dearborn Classics (62-70's Fairlane parts) and are having the same problems with them as you guys are having with Mac's.

They are turning off customers very fast.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #20
flatheadmurre

On top of all stated above they have absolutely zero quality control so every buy is a gamble...and when you find something you like...next time itīs from another manufacturer being crappy.
Can just say i miss the old MACīs !
If theese vendors was smart they should get some of the restorers around here to become testpanel...and it wouldnīt take so much to turn a halfway descent product into real good.
I just gave up on the gearbox shafts around and made my own...offshoremade in Sweden...hardened to spec and centerless ground...how hard could it be to grind an axle to correct size if you do it...again the quality control.
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote