Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
darrell

Default pump

I have a 56 tea pot with a hesitation this summer I picked up a kit for a 54 cheap so I took the chance that the pump will fit as their is a lot of difference between these years.does anyone know if its the same before I get into it for nothing.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
scicala

Default Re: pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
I have a 56 tea pot with a hesitation this summer I picked up a kit for a 54 cheap so I took the chance that the pump will fit as their is a lot of difference between these years.does anyone know if its the same before I get into it for nothing.

Hello Darrell,

The accelerator pump for a '54 Merc or Lincoln teapot will not work in a '56 teapot carb. The '54 carbs have a different stem and usually use a leather piston. The '56 carbs use a rubber cup (piston that is replaceable).

Also with the '54 carb kit, you will be missing the 4 small o-rings that go on the secondary brass fuel tubes, and at least one of the two larger O-rings. However these are standard o-rings that can be gotten at a hardware store. Also if you're '56 teapot is # LIST 1161-2 or 1162-2, the fuel valve for the float in the '54 Merc kit will not work. '56 -2 carbs switched to a slide in fuel valve seat with an o-ring seal. The '54 kit has a threaded fuel valve seat.

You can buy a kit for the '56 from O'Reiley's for about $22. It's Walker # 15136

Also if you have a complete unused '54 kit, I might be interested in guying it from you.

Sal Cicala
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
darrell

I would be interested in a trade if you have a 56 kit.i have no problem selling you the kit but it may cost more to ship than its worth.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
scicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
I would be interested in a trade if you have a 56 kit.i have no problem selling you the kit but it may cost more to ship than its worth.

I don't have any kits on hand. I just get them as I need them. But, like I said they are available from Walker for about $22 (kit # 15136).

I would need to see a picture of the contents of the '54 kit and know how much you want for it and shipping cost before I say yes. Did you buy the kit new recently, or is it an old NOS kit ? Thanks.

If you can send pictures, you can do it on the forum in a personal message or to my email [email protected]

Thanks again, Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
franksford

Do you still need a pump? Frank [email protected]
franksford is offline   Reply With Quote