Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #21
Bill Goddard

Default Re: Wiring Question of the Century

Those of you who are using the starter mounted fuse block - I recommend you take it off and check that ALL the rivets and fasteners are tight. We had one fall apart in our club. It caused an intermitant short in the ignition and raw fuel got pumped into the brand new stainless muffler. When the ignition came on for the last time the muffler blew up. As a result I took mine off and checked it and found 2 loose rivets barely holding it together. I replaced them with nyloc lock nuts. I have since decided to fuse my critical circuits elsewhere and took the fuse block off. Bill G
Bill Goddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #22
Gyrodoc

Default Re: Wiring Question of the Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Yo, Al, like when you do a heavy load test on a battery & one cells boils like a cauldron, it usually means a bad insulator plate between a positive + & a negative - plate & causes them to "short" out. Sometimes, a crack in the lead connectors between the cells can cause intermittent "opens." I've seen batteries sometimes do things that can't be figured out. I've had LUCAS+*$%^^@ batteries, that under load test, would reverse the polarity of 1 cell!! With that condition, the generator would NOT charge. Brits drink warm beer because LUCAS builds their refrigerators! The Dog just asked what's BEER?? Bill W.

LUCAS The Prince of darkness
Gyrodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)