Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
Johnnya101

Default Interior costs question

Hello again folks!

As you may have seen in my last thread, I'm thinking about getting an A. There's a A close to me, another Fordor town sedan... Has some wood replaced, sandblasted and primed, just needs a roof and interior. Seats are there.

At 17 and in highschool, I really don't have an extra $3k to get an interior kit...

I know a bunch of A people, and know some upholsterers.

There is the panel kit sold by Macs for $300. That's cardboard for the entire interior I would hope. I was thinking of getting some cheap gray fabric and covering that up.

The seats are the biggest concern. Can one use cheap fabric and get both seats done versus getting a kit? I would have to do this on a low budget, maybe $1-1.5k for the whole thing. Does it sound possible? Just use cheap fabric for everything and do it myself besides the hard stuff? Don't care about originality.

Do you NEED that soundproofing silvery stuff they sell? Do the interior panels need that cotton padding too? What exactly is the breakdown of what's needed to start an interior from scratch? Before I go through with anything, I want to make sure I won't be.priced out of it before I start.
Johnnya101 is offline   Reply With Quote